I am flying to Portland, OR on June 28th and will arrive at 11:30 am. I will be leaving there on July 1st at 10:00 am. What to do in the meantime? I am going to pick up my grand daughter for a visit but wanted to take a couple of days to see the sights. I love trains and have thought about going on the Parkdale excursion of Mount Hood Railway. Also heard about Oregon Zoo and wondered if it is worth going... as well as taking the short train ride there going towards the rose garden? Any advice? Activity suggestions?? Wish I had longer!! I love theatre, the arts, seeing new things... I am traveling alone, of course, so if there is somewhere I shouldn't go, please say!
Short 3 Days In Portland
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 4 Philly
- 5 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 8 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 9 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 10 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 13 Chicago trip
- 14 NYC IN AUGUST
- 15 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 16 culpepper
- 17 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 Fancy dining
- 20 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 21 Will have five days in Savannah
- 22 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 23 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 24 Itinerary opinions
- 25 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson