I am flying to Portland, OR on June 28th and will arrive at 11:30 am. I will be leaving there on July 1st at 10:00 am. What to do in the meantime? I am going to pick up my grand daughter for a visit but wanted to take a couple of days to see the sights. I love trains and have thought about going on the Parkdale excursion of Mount Hood Railway. Also heard about Oregon Zoo and wondered if it is worth going... as well as taking the short train ride there going towards the rose garden? Any advice? Activity suggestions?? Wish I had longer!! I love theatre, the arts, seeing new things... I am traveling alone, of course, so if there is somewhere I shouldn't go, please say!
Short 3 Days In Portland
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Orlando to Savannah
- 5 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 6 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 7 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 8 Dinner in Miami
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 14 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 18 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 Christmas weather?
- 24 Big island itinerary
- 25 New York City and New England