My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip October
- 2 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 3 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 4 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 5 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 6 Best rest area on Route 81 Sourht through Virginia
- 7 Rose Parade Novice
- 8 Colter Bay Village - GTNP question
- 9 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 10 Boston to Maine- August 22-29th
- 11 Vegas Where to Start
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 13 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 14 A little packing advice..
- 15 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 16 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 17 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 18 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 19 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 20 Niagara Falls train stations
- 21 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 22 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 23 Hertz closed for Labor Day Holiday? (Santa Monica)
- 24 Quick NYC weekend with 6 yr old
- 25 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX