My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 2 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 3 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 4 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 5 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 6 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 7 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 8 Tudor city -special help/info
- 9 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 10 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 11 Utah 2
- 12 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 13 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 14 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 15 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 16 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 17 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 18 must see and do's in Maui?
- 19 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 20 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 21 New York City - apartment locations
- 22 Boston to see Sargent works
- 23 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 24 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 25 Murray Hill NYC restaurants