My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 2 weeks in Alaska
- 4 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 5 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 6 San Diego farmer's markets
- 7 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 8 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 9 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 10 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Seafood
- 15 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 16 Connecticut River Byway
- 17 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 18 Boston
- 19 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 20 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 21 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 22 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 25 3 days, 4 nights in Denver