My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 2 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 3 help me plan a Cali trip
- 4 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 5 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 6 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 8 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 9 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 10 Mesa Verde question
- 11 Planning our Move
- 12 Wilmington DE questions
- 13 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 15 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 16 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 17 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 18 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 19 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 20 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 21 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 22 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 23 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 24 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 25 Hotel advise Chicago