My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 12 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 13 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!