My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 2 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 5 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 6 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 9 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 10 Las Vegas must sees
- 11 adams morgan - safety
- 12 Morning in miami
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 16 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 17 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 18 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 19 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 20 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 21 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 22 US Southwest
- 23 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 24 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 25 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco