My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 2 Tucson area flooding
- 3 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 4 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 5 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 7 California
- 8 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 9 Christmas in TX
- 10 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 13 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 14 Oregon Road Trip
- 15 Long Island Advice
- 16 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 19 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 20 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 21 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 22 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 23 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 24 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 25 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)