My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 2 Hawaii Trip in May
- 3 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 4 A week in NYC - first timers
- 5 DC -> Boulder
- 6 Wailea Restaurants?
- 7 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 8 Rome/Florence
- 9 Colorado - Photography
- 10 Cross-country roadtrip in Oct/Nov. SUV or full-size?
- 11 Where to stay in NYC
- 12 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 13 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 14 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 15 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 16 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 17 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 18 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 19 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 20 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 21 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 22 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 23 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 24 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 25 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..