My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ackislander
- 2 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 3 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 4 san diego or nearby area
- 5 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 6 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 7 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 8 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 9 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 10 Moving to CT
- 11 LA for a day and a half
- 12 Hotels Philly
- 13 Northwest USA
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 18 Texas
- 19 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 20 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 21 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 22 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 25 First Trip to California with Family of 6