My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
- 1 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 2 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 3 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 4 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 5 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 6 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 7 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 8 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 13 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 14 Memphis Tours
- 15 D.C. in a day
- 16 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 A Visit to Charleston
- 19 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 25 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!