My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in Mass.
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 4 Yellowstone
- 5 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 6 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 7 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 8 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 9 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 10 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 11 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 12 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 13 Hawaii with older parents
- 14 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 15 Uber availability on Long Island
- 16 Fort Myers Area
- 17 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 18 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 19 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 20 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 21 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 22 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 23 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 24 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 25 Opinions: key west accommodation