My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 2 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Dining in Manhattan
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 11 New York City Christmas Trip
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 14 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 15 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 16 Colorado Skiing
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 22 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 23 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 24 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 25 To San Francisco for 8 days