My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 5 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 8 Boston area -- nature
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 14 California & French Polynesia
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March