My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 2 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 3 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 4 ~+27737016174#Herbalist healers in United States.
- 5 SUV Service in DFW airport | Sedan Service in DFW
- 6 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 7 Roadtrip July 2017
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 10 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 11 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 12 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 13 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 14 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 18 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 19 Retiring to Tucson
- 20 10 days vacation in California
- 21 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 22 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 23 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 24 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 25 Utah National Parks visit