My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
- 1 Jackie’s Land and Sea Tours
- 2 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 3 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 4 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 5 Newport, RI Questions
- 6 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 9 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 11 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 12 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 13 Using public transit in San Diego
- 14 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 15 Seward to Anchorage
- 16 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 17 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 18 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 19 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 20 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 21 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 22 Car trip from Seattle
- 23 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah