My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in New York?
- 2 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 3 When do school start again in August?
- 4 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 5 What to do in San Diego
- 6 Road trip from St Paul Mn to Naples Florida
- 7 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 8 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 9 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 10 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 11 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 12 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 13 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 14 Our Boston Getaway
- 15 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 16 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 17 40th in Key West
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 22 Suggestions for Two Day Getaway near Fort Myers or Naples
- 23 Nashville Questions
- 24 Redwood National Forest
- 25 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday