My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 2 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 3 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 4 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 5 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 6 United Nations tours
- 7 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 8 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 9 San Francisco California
- 10 September Road Trip in New England
- 11 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 12 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 13 NYC with 8 yr old
- 14 Miami and New Orleans
- 15 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 16 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 17 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 18 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 19 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 20 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 21 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 22 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 23 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 24 stopping off I 81 South
- 25 Boston Restaurants - suggestions please