My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 Charleston, SC help
- 4 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 5 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 6 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 7 middlebury vt snow
- 8 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 9 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 10 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 11 Miami Marlins
- 12 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 13 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 14 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 17 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 20 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 21 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 Self guided White House tour
- 24 Northwest USA
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!