My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 11 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 14 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 15 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip