My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 4 Martha's Vineyard area
- 5 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 6 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 7 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 8 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 9 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 10 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 11 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 12 Returned from Sedona
- 13 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 14 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 15 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 16 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 17 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 18 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 19 Western U.S. Road trip
- 20 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 21 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 22 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 23 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 24 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 25 Boston--Another Art Mission