My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Christmas Trip
- 2 Dining in Manhattan
- 3 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 6 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 From Seattle airport to the city
- 9 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 10 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 11 Colorado Skiing
- 12 American Honeymoon in March
- 13 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 14 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 15 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 18 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 19 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 20 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 23 Middle America in October
- 24 visit to HIghLine
- 25 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live