My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pub with food in Seattle
- 2 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 3 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 4 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 5 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 6 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 7 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 10 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 15 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 16 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 17 Our perfect day in Key West
- 18 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 19 culpepper
- 20 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 21 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 24 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 25 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?