My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 2 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 3 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 6 Big island itinerary
- 7 Thousand Islands
- 8 Best Destination in USA
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 14 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 18 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 19 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 20 New York City and New England
- 21 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 22 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 25 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted