My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 5 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 6 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 7 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 10 Richmond highlights?
- 11 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 15 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Florida St George's Island
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Union Square area restaurant
- 20 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???