My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 highway 54
- 2 Help with driving East to West
- 3 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 4 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 5 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 6 Looking for great dude ranch that is at least somewhat authentic
- 7 Sail yacht. California
- 8 Arizona Real Estate Agent
- 9 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 11 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 12 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 13 Rhode Island with a Toddler
- 14 Cashless Toll roads.
- 15 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 16 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 17 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 18 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 19 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 20 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 21 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 22 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 23 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 24 Farewell from Ira
- 25 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips