My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Help us choose a hotel
- 3 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 4 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 5 Staying outside DC
- 6 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 7 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 8 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 11 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 12 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 13 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 14 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 17 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 18 New York in December
- 19 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 20 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 23 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 24 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 25 Suggestions for a Week in Portland