My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://topmuscleuptips.com/lumitact-g700-tactical-military-led-flashlight/
- 2 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 3 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 4 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 5 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 6 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 7 a tourist in DC this February
- 8 Springtime in Florida
- 9 Kings and Sequoia.
- 10 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 11 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 12 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 13 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 14 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 15 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 16 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 17 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 18 USA October 2016
- 19 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 20 Redwood National Forest
- 21 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 22 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 23 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 24 Uber and Miami
- 25 Renting a car in miami, fl