My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 4 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 5 trains in Europe
- 6 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 7 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 8 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 9 USA trip
- 10 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 11 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 17 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 18 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 19 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 23 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 24 Alaskan coast travel options
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares