My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 2 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 3 Downtown Chicago
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 6 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 7 Safety Concerns
- 8 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 11 What to do in San Diego
- 12 Nashville
- 13 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 14 Beaches in Florida
- 15 fort lauderdale
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 First Trip to Texas -
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 20 5 days in Colorado
- 21 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?