My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 2 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 3 Skagway
- 4 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Retiring in NM?
- 7 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 8 Chicago to Charleston
- 9 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 How many states have you been to?
- 12 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 13 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 16 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 17 Honeymoon out west.
- 18 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 Utah National Parks visit
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 universal studios and disney
- 25 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia