My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 7 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 Timeshare Nightmares
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 12 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants