My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 2 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 3 First Time to California
- 4 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 5 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 6 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 7 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 8 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 9 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 10 car rentals in San Diego
- 11 California RV baby and child seats
- 12 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 13 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 14 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 15 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 16 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 17 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 18 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 19 Angels Landing
- 20 First time visit to California
- 21 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 22 NY State Assembly Internship
- 23 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 24 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 25 How can the weather report be so wrong?