My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 2 Napa valley getaway
- 3 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 4 Boston waterfront Italian
- 5 Day in Spokane
- 6 summer vacation
- 7 Kids Vacation Place
- 8 What to pack
- 9 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 10 Honolulu Hotel Resort Fees
- 11 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 12 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 First time, Best business class?
- 15 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 16 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 17 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 18 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 19 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 20 Zion and Bryce in July
- 21 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 22 Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 25 Between Naples and Fort Myers