My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
- 1 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 Vero Beach FL
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 8 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 9 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 13 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 14 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 15 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 16 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 17 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 18 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 19 Question about Boulder area
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 22 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 23 Grand Canyon in March?
- 24 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 25 California Tour Groups?