My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
- 1 Madison Square Garden
- 2 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 3 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 4 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 7 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 8 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 St. Augustine, Florida
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 13 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 14 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 15 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 18 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 19 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 22 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 25 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?