My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon hike
- 2 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 3 Florida apartments/condos?
- 4 Leesburg VA area restaurants
- 5 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 6 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 7 Washington DC to Orlando
- 8 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 9 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 10 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 11 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 12 Rental car question
- 13 Yosemite places to eat in half dome village
- 14 Island Hopping. Need #1 things to do on each island.
- 15 Travel from Lee Vining To Murphy California
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 17 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 18 South Beach in October
- 19 Any suggestions about portable WIFI devices in the US?
- 20 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 21 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 22 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 23 Live theater in the PNW/BC in October?
- 24 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 25 Quick Acela Questions