My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reagan Library
- 2 US Open Tennis
- 3 Hawaii with limited time
- 4 Southern history- walkable cities
- 5 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 6 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 7 Your favourite places in New York City
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 10 Hotels in San Diego
- 11 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 12 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 13 Cape cod Labor Day
- 14 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 15 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 16 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 17 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 18 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 19 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 20 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 21 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 22 Grand Teton Questions
- 23 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 24 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 25 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island