My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 3 My Book of Mormon review
- 4 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 5 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 6 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 7 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 8 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 9 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 10 SFO International Airport
- 11 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 12 Yosemite Lodging
- 13 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 16 Colorado aspen updates
- 17 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 18 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 19 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 23 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 24 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 25 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown