My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 6 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 9 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 10 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 11 Asheville NC without a car
- 12 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 15 Myrtle Beach
- 16 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 Washington DC Metro
- 23 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,