My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Question about Boulder area
- 3 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 4 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 5 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 8 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 9 Grand Canyon in March?
- 10 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 11 California Tour Groups?
- 12 Hotel near Public Theater
- 13 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 18 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 19 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 20 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 21 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 22 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 23 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 24 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 25 Philadelphia or Chicago