My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weekend in NYC
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 9 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 13 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 14 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 15 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 16 Breckenridge in October
- 17 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 18 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 19 Richmond highlights?
- 20 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 21 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 22 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 23 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 24 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 25 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)