My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 2 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 3 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 4 SF to DR? WTH!
- 5 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Washington, DC to Boston
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 10 Where to go in Maine?
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 12 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 13 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 14 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 15 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 18 rain in Kauai
- 19 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 20 Kennedy Space Center
- 21 San Diego Trip Report
- 22 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 NYC jazz with a minor
- 25 NYC Itinerary Help