My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast