My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 2 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 3 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 4 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 5 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 6 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 7 New Hampshire
- 8 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 9 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 10 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 14 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 15 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 16 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 17 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 18 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 19 Beaches in Florida
- 20 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 21 Nashville Questions
- 22 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 23 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 24 Downtown Chicago
- 25 Pittsburgh to New York City