My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino Hiking
- 2 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 3 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 4 11 days SE coast road trip
- 5 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 6 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 7 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 8 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 9 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 10 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 11 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 12 Deep South sept 2015
- 13 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 14 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 15 Highway 1 motels
- 16 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 17 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 18 Car Hire Alamo
- 19 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 20 International student, applying for school
- 21 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 22 Seattle - newby questions
- 23 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 24 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 25 Mackinac or Holland?