My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 4 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 5 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 6 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 7 Sonoma or napa?
- 8 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Black Hills Trip Report
- 12 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 13 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 14 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 15 Cape Cod in October
- 16 Air Connections on Maui
- 17 Theater Historians
- 18 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 19 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 20 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 21 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 22 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 23 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 24 Getaway
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?