My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 2 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 3 NY State Assembly Internship
- 4 Grand Canyon
- 5 San Francisco and Napa
- 6 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 7 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 8 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 9 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 10 White Christmas
- 11 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 12 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 13 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 16 Midway point
- 17 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 18 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 19 New York City
- 20 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 21 Relocating to the Deep South
- 22 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 23 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 24 Arlington funeral plans
- 25 destin resorts