My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 2 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
- 3 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 4 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 5 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 7 Vegas Where to Start
- 8 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 9 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 10 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 11 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 12 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 13 Yellowstone June 2014
- 14 2 months in Hawaii!
- 15 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 16 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 17 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 18 Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- 19 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 20 Annapolis to Boston
- 21 Road Trip
- 22 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 23 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 24 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 25 Vegetarian in Boston