My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai Garden tours
- 2 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 5 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 6 Utah 2
- 7 Las Vegas in March
- 8 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 9 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 10 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 11 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 13 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 14 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 15 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 16 Montana- what are must see places?
- 17 Orlando parks advice
- 18 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 19 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 20 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 21 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 22 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 23 California San Diego area lodging
- 24 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 25 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again