My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Oahu ideas
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 6 San Diego grocery stores
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 10 West Coast Bound End of March
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 13 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 14 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 15 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 16 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 17 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 18 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 19 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Juneau May 8th
- 23 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles