My husband and I are flying into San Francisco on Saturday, April 6th and flying back to Atlanta on Thursday morning (April 11). As of right now, we have hotel reservations for Saturday and Sunday night in SF and Monday-Wednesday night in Napa. However, we would really like to somehow (magically) fit in Big Sur. Would it be do-able to rent a car early Sunday morning and head down to Big Sur, staying somewhere in Carmel or Monterey before driving up to Napa on Monday? Or is that just crazy? We have already been to SF and wouldn't mind sacrificing a day there if it meant we could see Big Sur. My main concerns are the drive from SF to Big Sur on Sunday and from Monterey to Napa on Monday. I've tried to estimate the drive times by looking at the routes but I know this doesn't factor in traffic etc... Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
SF/Napa Itinerary-Help Please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 2 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 3 Best places to move to Florida?
- 4 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 5 Locker at JFK
- 6 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 7 Key Largo, FL
- 8 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 9 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 10 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 11 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 12 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 West Coast Bound End of March
- 15 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 16 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 17 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 18 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 19 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 23 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 24 Philadelphia
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!