My husband and I are planning an early fall trip to Glacier National Park. Will the Road To The Sun be open in early September. We are taking the train into Whitefish and we get a rental car there. Have been to Glacier once before and it is the most bautiful park that I have visited. The other visit was on the last day the park was open and part of The Road To The Sun was closed. Thanks for any suggestions about lodging etc. Plan on printing off all inforamtion from past postings on this forum. Is there a nice lodge at Whitefish. I understand our train will be arriving at night.
September In Glacier National Park
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 3 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 4 Big island itinerary
- 5 Thousand Islands
- 6 Best Destination in USA
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 10 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 11 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 12 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 13 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 14 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 15 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 17 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 18 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 19 New York City and New England
- 20 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 25 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted