My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Madison Square Garden
- 6 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 7 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 8 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 9 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 17 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 18 Biloxi questions again
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 23 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Sedona to Palm Springs