My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 2 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 6 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 7 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 8 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 9 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 10 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 11 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 12 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 13 USA Round trip 2018
- 14 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 17 Daytona Beach and ??
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 San Diego Public Transportation
- 22 Things to do around New York
- 23 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 24 Salt Lake City
- 25 Beach holiday with baby