My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 2 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Fancy dining
- 5 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 Charlotte restaurant help
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 10 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 11 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 12 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 13 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 14 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 19 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 20 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 2 weeks in Alaska
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 25 Yosemite Fire