My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 2 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 4 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 5 Tucson area flooding
- 6 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 7 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 8 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 9 Boston suggestions
- 10 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 11 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 12 Ben Landa
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 18 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 19 West Coast Road Trip
- 20 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 21 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 22 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 23 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 24 first time in AZ
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?