My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 7 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 8 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 9 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 10 Northwest USA
- 11 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 12 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 13 Central Coast-California
- 14 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 15 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 16 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 17 Moving to CT
- 18 Hotels Philly
- 19 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 20 Ackislander
- 21 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 22 san diego or nearby area
- 23 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 24 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 25 LA for a day and a half