My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 8 Travel West Coast
- 9 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 10 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 Wine Country Picnic
- 13 Washington DC Metro
- 14 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 15 Road trip through the south
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 Myrtle Beach
- 20 Colorado in the summer!
- 21 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 22 Getting around Las Vegas
- 23 Rafting near Denali
- 24 Where to go in Maine?
- 25 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast