My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Skiing
- 2 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 7 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Boston in winter?
- 11 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 12 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 13 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 14 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 15 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 16 charlotte
- 17 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 18 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 19 New York City in April
- 20 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 21 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 22 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 23 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 24 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 25 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)