My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 2 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 3 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 4 late-night DC restaurant
- 5 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 6 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 7 Houston in September
- 8 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 9 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 10 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 11 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 12 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 13 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 14 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 15 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 16 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 17 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 18 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 19 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 20 Oahu ideas
- 21 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 22 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 23 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 24 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 25 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier