My husband (62) and I (56) would like to take a driving vacation this year, and are considering somewhere in the Midwest area e.g. Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/llinois/West Virginia/Kentucky either in May or June. We have never been to Michigan so we need help about the scenic areas in addition to Mackinac Island. We seek any recommendations on scenic areas that have fun places to walk around, short hikes and historical sites to see that could keep us busy 4 to 7 nights. If we wait til June, is the Put in Bay area rowdy and packed during the weekdays? If we consider heading toward the Amish area in Ohio, where is the heart of this, as far as scenic and interesting things to see, restaurants, shops, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated!
Seniors Seeking Travel Destinations!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 6 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 7 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 8 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 12 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 13 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 14 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 15 Breckenridge in October
- 16 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 17 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 20 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 21 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 24 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 25 Washington DC in Spring?