We have been to Arizona a few times, but always in hotels or resorts. This time we want to rent a small house in a scenic, relaxing spot in the Greater Phoenix area. We're looking for sun, nice desert views, hiking within 30 minutes, better than average dining options, and a commercial area with more character than the typical suburban sprawl. Trip is planned for the fall. We would love to hear about your favorite "snowbird nests" that meet the above criteria and why you picked them. Thank you!!
Seeking Scenic Arizona Getaway
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Memphis Tours
- 3 D.C. in a day
- 4 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 5 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 6 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 7 A Visit to Charleston
- 8 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 9 Using public transit in San Diego
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 12 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 13 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 16 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 17 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 18 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 19 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 20 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 21 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 22 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 23 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 24 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 25 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs