We have been to Arizona a few times, but always in hotels or resorts. This time we want to rent a small house in a scenic, relaxing spot in the Greater Phoenix area. We're looking for sun, nice desert views, hiking within 30 minutes, better than average dining options, and a commercial area with more character than the typical suburban sprawl. Trip is planned for the fall. We would love to hear about your favorite "snowbird nests" that meet the above criteria and why you picked them. Thank you!!
Seeking Scenic Arizona Getaway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 3 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 4 Berkshires in late October
- 5 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 6 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 9 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 10 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 11 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 12 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 13 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 14 Mesa Verde
- 15 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 16 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 17 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 18 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 19 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 20 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 21 Seattle Hyatts
- 22 California road trip
- 23 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16