My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Christmas Trip
- 2 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 3 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 4 From Seattle airport to the city
- 5 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 6 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 7 Colorado Skiing
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 10 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 11 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 15 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 16 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 17 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 18 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 19 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 20 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 21 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 22 Middle America in October
- 23 visit to HIghLine
- 24 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 25 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel