My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 2 Camping Generator!?
- 3 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 5 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 6 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 7 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 8 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 9 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 10 New York City-New Things?
- 11 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 14 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 15 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 16 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 19 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 DC - WW2 flyover
- 22 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 23 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 24 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 25 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,