My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 los angeles restaurants
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 4 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 5 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 8 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 9 NW Houston restaurant help
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 15 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 16 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 17 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 18 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 19 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 20 charleston during Christmas Week
- 21 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 22 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?