My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western U.S. Road trip
- 2 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 3 Martha's Vineyard area
- 4 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 5 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 6 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 7 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 8 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 9 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 10 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 11 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 12 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 13 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 14 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 15 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 16 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 17 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 18 4 Days in Maui
- 19 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 20 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 21 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 22 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 23 Biloxi Suggestions
- 24 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 25 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip