My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
- 1 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 2 Exclusive Travel Club %70 off Dream Vacations
- 3 Moms and Kids Catalina Island - Mini Trip Report
- 4 Flying within the US, ID Question!
- 5 Road Trip from Tahoe to the Tetons and Yellowstone
- 6 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 7 South Dakota--last minute trip; deciding where to stay in Black Hills
- 8 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 9 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 10 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 11 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 12 Los Angeles to Santa Fe, NM: Take I-40 or I-10?
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Tale of Two Siblings in Kauai...how did we end up in Honolulu?
- 15 Northwest Trip
- 16 Two days in Aug near Denver or Colorado Springs - suggestions?
- 17 Death Valley in November
- 18 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 19 Maui 10-night Hotel Itinerary
- 20 2nd Choice"Cute Town" betw ALB Albany Airport-Lake George-Take TWO
- 21 Fenway Park Ticket Guru's
- 22 Blue ridge parkway
- 23 Charleston Restaurant week Visit - Q's
- 24 four nights in the Finger Lakes
- 25 Western NC Zipline