My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 2 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 3 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 4 Two days out of Seattle
- 5 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 8 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 9 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 11 Maine
- 12 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 13 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 14 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 15 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 16 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 17 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 18 Back From Alaska
- 19 Pacific coast road trip
- 20 December trip to see snow
- 21 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 22 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 23 Senior Travel Helper
- 24 your favorite city USA?
- 25 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip