My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 3 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 4 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 5 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 6 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 7 Tour companies
- 8 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 9 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 10 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 11 Hilton Midtown New York
- 12 Apartment Rentals DC
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 15 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 18 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 19 Vegas hotels for families
- 20 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 21 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 22 new york plays
- 23 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 24 San Francisco - mid October
- 25 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park