My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 2 Places to stay in TX...?
- 3 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 4 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 5 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 6 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 7 50th in Hawaii
- 8 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 9 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 10 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 11 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 12 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 13 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 14 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 15 11 days SE coast road trip
- 16 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 17 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 18 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 19 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 20 Berkshires with a toddler
- 21 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 22 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 23 hilicopter tour oahu
- 24 driving from LA to Portland
- 25 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip