My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 2 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 3 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 4 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 5 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 6 New Orleans logistics
- 7 Western U.S. Road trip
- 8 First Trip to New Orleans
- 9 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 10 North Carolina Coast
- 11 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 12 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 13 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 14 Wildlife hike in Colorado Springs
- 15 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 16 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 17 shopping with teenager in D, C.
- 18 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 19 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 20 Aspen, Vail, Summit CO, RMNP Trip report - long
- 21 San Antonio area - thinking of you
- 22 Returned from Sedona
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 25 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip