My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 11 days SE coast road trip
- 2 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 3 Pacific Northwest
- 4 A Week in New York City
- 5 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 6 Mackinac or Holland?
- 7 Car Hire Alamo
- 8 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 9 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 10 Getting around in NYC
- 11 Running kissimmee Florida
- 12 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 13 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 14 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 15 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 16 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 17 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 18 Mendocino Hiking
- 19 Yurts in Shenandoah/ Blue Ridge VA??
- 20 The New Whitney
- 21 Berkshires with a toddler
- 22 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 23 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 24 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 25 Highway 1 motels
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip