My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need a taxi from SFO to San Jose who can provide me child seat?
- 2 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 3 driving RT 66
- 4 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 5 once in a lifetime
- 6 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 7 North California/South Oregon
- 8 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 9 Hotels Houston
- 10 Acadia National Park
- 11 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 12 Birthday vacation ideas
- 13 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 14 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 15 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 16 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 17 Long Weekend in Denver
- 18 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 19 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 20 From Newark to Manhattan
- 21 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 22 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 23 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 24 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 25 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip