My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 4 Charlotte restaurant help
- 5 Fancy dining
- 6 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 9 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 10 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 11 Itinerary opinions
- 12 moving to florida
- 13 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 14 Alaska railroad?
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 17 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 18 culpepper
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 Mesa Verde
- 21 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Calgary to Banff
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr