My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 2 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 charleston during Christmas Week
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 12 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 13 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?