My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 2 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 3 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 4 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 5 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 6 Loan offer from a private lender
- 7 Farewell from Ira
- 8 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 9 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 10 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 11 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 12 chicago to hibbing
- 13 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 14 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 15 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 16 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 17 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 18 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 19 Pacific coast road trip
- 20 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 21 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 22 Arlington Hotels
- 23 Cabin rental in march
- 24 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 25 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip