My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 3 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 6 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 7 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 8 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 9 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 10 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 11 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 12 St. Augustine, Florida
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 San Antonio
- 15 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 16 hotel near Met NYC
- 17 Where should I move to?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 20 Fripp island
- 21 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 22 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 23 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.