My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 2 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Denver in a half day
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 13 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 14 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 15 Oahu ideas
- 16 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 Best places to move to Florida?
- 19 West Coast Bound End of March
- 20 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 21 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 22 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 23 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 24 Key Largo, FL
- 25 Death Valley in June