My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 2 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 3 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 4 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 5 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 8 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 9 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 10 How many states have you been to?
- 11 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 12 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 13 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 14 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 15 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 16 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 19 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 20 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 21 Florida keys trip
- 22 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 23 Route Planning for East USA
- 24 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 25 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip