My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 2 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 3 Yosemite in Winter
- 4 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 5 Active Vacation
- 6 Quick SoCal question
- 7 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 8 New England September
- 9 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 12 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 13 Tampa in February
- 14 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 15 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 16 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 17 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 18 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 19 NYC taxi vs car service
- 20 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 21 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 22 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 23 Austin Food Trucks
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip