My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 2 My CA itinerary
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 5 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 6 Retiring to Colorado
- 7 Charleston and Asheville
- 8 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 9 Xmas in new york
- 10 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 11 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 12 Washington D.C. with a 5 year old!
- 13 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 14 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 15 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 16 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 17 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 18 Nashville 2016
- 19 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 20 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 21 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Grand Canyon to LA
- 24 VANCOUVER- PORTLAND-SEATTLE
- 25 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip