My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 getting around DC
- 2 Looking for US issuing travel agent for partnership
- 3 4 week family trip ideas
- 4 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 5 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Metro Card Options
- 8 Oahu
- 9 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 10 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 11 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 12 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 13 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 14 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 15 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 16 San Francisco - mid October
- 17 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 18 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 19 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 20 Newport Restaurants
- 21 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 22 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 23 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 24 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 25 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old