My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 2 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 3 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 4 Southwest US
- 5 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 6 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 7 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 8 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 9 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 10 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 11 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 12 Glacier to Banff
- 13 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 14 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 15 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 16 Boston to see Sargent works
- 17 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 18 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 19 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 20 Harlem, NY
- 21 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 22 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 23 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 24 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 25 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip