My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 3 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 4 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 5 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 6 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 7 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 8 Highway 1 motels
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Mendocino Hiking
- 11 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 12 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 13 11 days SE coast road trip
- 14 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 15 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 16 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 17 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 18 Deep South sept 2015
- 19 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 20 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 21 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 22 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 23 Car Hire Alamo
- 24 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 25 International student, applying for school
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip