My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 3 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 4 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 7 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 10 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 11 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 12 Seattle to San Francisco
- 13 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 14 San Francisco and Napa
- 15 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 16 Relocating to the Deep South
- 17 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 18 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 19 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 20 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 21 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 22 Budget NYC hotel
- 23 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 24 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 25 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip