My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Lodging
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 Fairbanks Alaska
- 4 Worst Restaurants in America
- 5 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 6 What's new on Maui?
- 7 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 8 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 11 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 12 Broadway choices
- 13 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 14 Question About Sealodge
- 15 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 16 Colorado aspen updates
- 17 New England Skiing
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 20 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 22 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 23 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 24 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 25 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer