My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle Hotels
- 2 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 3 best binocular for travel
- 4 Cayo Costa State Park
- 5 Cross Country NH to WA
- 6 Amish
- 7 2 months in Hawaii!
- 8 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 9 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 10 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 11 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 12 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 13 Utah, arizona part three
- 14 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 15 Providence question
- 16 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 17 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 18 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 19 3 day cruise from Boston
- 20 Sonoma to Glacier NP via Craters Lake and Olympic National Park
- 21 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 22 Weekend Getaway to Philly - 2nd week of JULY!
- 23 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 24 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 25 Honeymoon Suggestions
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip