My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Montana- what are must see places?
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Orlando parks advice
- 5 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 6 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 9 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 10 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 11 California San Diego area lodging
- 12 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 13 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 14 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 15 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 16 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 17 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 20 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 21 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 22 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 23 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 24 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 25 Kauai Garden tours