My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 2 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 3 itinerary for 2 weeks in Oregon in early September
- 4 Mississippi gulf coast
- 5 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 6 Lake Powell
- 7 Inns in Manteo
- 8 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 9 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 10 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 11 Southwest US vacation help
- 12 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 13 Advice Albuquerque, Taos,Santa fe
- 14 Need itinerary suggestions for coastal ME trip mid October
- 15 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 16 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 17 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 18 Things to do in La Jolla
- 19 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 23 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 24 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 25 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip