My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Santa Barbara, California
- 3 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 4 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 5 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 6 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 7 Itinerary opinions
- 8 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 9 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 10 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 11 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 12 Charlotte restaurant help
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 21 Chicago trip
- 22 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 23 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Day trip to CT from NYC