My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 2 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 3 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 4 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 5 9-10 day trip to WA
- 6 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 7 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 8 Kauai planning help
- 9 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 10 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 11 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 12 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 13 California Trip
- 14 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 15 Need help nailing down the details
- 16 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 17 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 18 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 19 Turo?
- 20 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 21 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 22 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 23 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 24 NYC For The Day
- 25 Alaska cruise excursions?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip