My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 2 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 3 Skin Care item produces addr collagen
- 4 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 5 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 6 http://www.healthsteppolicy.com/revita-beau/
- 7 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 8 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 9 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 10 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 11 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Safety Concerns
- 14 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 15 40th in Key West
- 16 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 17 Downtown Chicago
- 18 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 19 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 20 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 21 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 22 What to do in San Diego
- 23 Nashville
- 24 Beaches in Florida
- 25 fort lauderdale
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip