My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 3 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 4 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 5 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 6 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 7 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 8 south west family trip itinerary
- 9 Relocating to the Deep South
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 12 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 13 wasting time around JFK
- 14 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 15 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 16 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 17 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 18 SF Restaurant
- 19 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 20 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 21 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 22 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 23 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip