My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 2 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 3 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 4 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 5 Canon beach lodging
- 6 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 7 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 8 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 9 FLA testing the waters
- 10 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 11 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 12 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 13 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 14 A week in NYC - first timers
- 15 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 16 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 17 Boston restaurants
- 18 Itinerary Critique
- 19 Tucson in February
- 20 Lets each do a post
- 21 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 22 Help with visit for a month!!
- 23 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 24 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall
- 25 Planning Monet/Matisse visit to Cleveland Museum of Art
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip