My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September Road Trip in New England
- 2 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 5 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 6 Advice on tipping
- 7 Road Trip
- 8 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 9 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 10 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 11 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 12 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 13 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 14 Hilton Head restaurants
- 15 Road trip October
- 16 Amish
- 17 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 18 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 19 United Nations tours
- 20 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 21 national/state park in November
- 22 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 23 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 24 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 25 Cayo Costa State Park
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip