My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 2 Las Vegas must sees
- 3 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 4 adams morgan - safety
- 5 Morning in miami
- 6 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 7 Grand Marais?
- 8 Grand Teton in October
- 9 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 10 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 11 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 12 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 13 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 14 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 15 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 16 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 17 US Southwest
- 18 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 19 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 20 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 21 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 24 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report