My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 2 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 5 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 6 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 7 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 8 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 9 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 10 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 11 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 12 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 13 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 14 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 15 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 16 Boston waterfront Italian
- 17 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 18 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 21 Napa valley getaway
- 22 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 23 Day in Spokane
- 24 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 25 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip