My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 2 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 3 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 4 Pacific coast road trip
- 5 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 6 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 7 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 10 Driving at Night in YNP
- 11 Looking for rustic secluded cabins/yurts in midwest
- 12 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 13 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 14 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 15 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 16 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 17 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 18 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 19 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 20 Help with driving East to West
- 21 Texas Hill Country in Autumn
- 22 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 23 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 25 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip