My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 3 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 4 Transportation help in Philly
- 5 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 6 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 7 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 8 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 9 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 10 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 11 Temecula< CA
- 12 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 13 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 14 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 15 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 16 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 17 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 20 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 21 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 22 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 23 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 24 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?