My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.hitssupplements.com/sinuprex-reviews
- 2 moving to Florida
- 3 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 4 Arizona in winter
- 5 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 6 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 7 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 8 Las Vegas Vacation
- 9 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 10 HOROSCOPE ZODIAC SIGNS DATES
- 11 DC restaurant report
- 12 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 13 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 14 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 15 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 16 Northern California Redwoods
- 17 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 18 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 19 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 20 Neue Galerie
- 21 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 22 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 25 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip