My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 2 Retiring to Tucson
- 3 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 4 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 5 Utah National Parks visit
- 6 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 7 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 8 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 9 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 12 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 13 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 14 Hotel in Reno
- 15 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 17 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 18 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 19 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 20 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 21 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 22 10 days vacation in California
- 23 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 24 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 25 roadtrip sfo - seattle
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip