My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 3 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 4 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 5 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 6 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 7 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 8 Savanah Sojourn
- 9 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 10 One day in Washington DC
- 11 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 12 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 13 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 14 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 15 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 16 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 17 RIP Judy Rogers
- 18 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 19 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 20 Boston area
- 21 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 24 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 25 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)