My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 2 New York City Restaurants
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 5 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 6 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 7 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 12 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 13 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 14 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 15 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 16 Dining in D.C.
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 19 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Washington DC Metro
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 25 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast