My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 2 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 3 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 4 Atlanta to LA
- 5 Moving out of states from Florida
- 6 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 7 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 8 new york subway help please
- 9 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 12 Things to do in La Jolla
- 13 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 14 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 15 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 16 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 17 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 18 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 19 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando
- 22 Things to do in Key West
- 23 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 24 Boston & Cape Cod
- 25 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)