My closest friend is planning a trip to Yellowstone/Tetons for next year (late May/early June). Active, fit couple in 50's with 2 "kids," boys ages 18 and 22. They love scenery, hiking, nature/wildlife, possibly rafting, good food and as comfortable/upscale an accommodation as may be possible within Yellowstone.
Will either fly round-trip Jackson OR thinking may work to fly into Bozeman - go on to Red Lodge for a night so can do the Bearthooth Hwy and enter Yellowstone through NE. Thinking either 3-4 nights within Yellowstone (either 2 and 2 or maybe 1 and 2 if stay a night in Red Lodge). Then go to Jackson for 3 nights.
Would folks suggest staying at Roosevelt area or Canyon area as enter from Red Lodge? Nicest accommodations? Best routing/location? After a night or two (depending on suggestions for hiking/sightseeing for that section) in Roosevelt/Canyon, they would like to go to Old Faithful Inn for a night or two. Then to Jackson to fly home.
Would welcome suggestions for routing, intinerary, hikes/sightseeing, number of nights in each spot, etc... Don't want to spend too much time schlepping and backtracking but do not want a bunch of one night stays (one or two is fine, but would rather "plant" for a couple of nights at a time as a base).
Thanks for any thoughts you may be able to share.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 2 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW
- 3 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 4 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 5 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 6 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 7 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 8 Mountain Honeymoon
- 9 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 10 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 11 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 12 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 13 Big Island Volcano with a 7 yr old
- 14 Northern California Relocation Road Trip
- 15 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 16 Richmond, VA Fodor's fans?
- 17 Maui 7 day trip itinerary (with toddler)
- 18 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 19 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 20 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 21 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 22 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 23 Asheville Hotel Indigo
- 24 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 25 Mendocino County Wineries?
Seeking Itinerary Assistance for 7-8 night Yellowstone/Teton Trip