We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 2 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 3 Cape Cod
- 4 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 5 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 6 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 7 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 8 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 9 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 10 San Diego with Kids
- 11 Getting around the Big Island
- 12 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 13 best of yellowstone
- 14 San Francisco - mid October
- 15 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 16 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 17 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 18 New York Yankee Station
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 21 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 25 Atlanta to Denver Straight through