We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Madison Square Garden
- 3 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 4 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 5 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 6 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 7 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 15 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 16 Biloxi questions again
- 17 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 18 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 21 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 24 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 25 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?