We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 2 Chicago trip
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 5 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 11 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 14 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 15 Santa Barbara, California
- 16 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 17 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 18 Considering a move to Raleigh/Durham...most family friendly areas?
- 19 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 20 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 21 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 22 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 23 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 24 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 25 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA