We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 2 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 3 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 4 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 5 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 6 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 7 Seattle?
- 8 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 9 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 12 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 13 Airport Advice for GNP
- 14 Day trips from Boston
- 15 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 16 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 21 Southern history- walkable cities
- 22 Wedding gifts?
- 23 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Florida couples first trip to Maine
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA