We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 2 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 3 Road trip From St.louis to South Dakota. Is it Safe?
- 4 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 5 Cape Cod
- 6 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 7 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 8 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 11 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 12 reliable transportation across florida
- 13 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 14 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 15 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 16 Las Vegas loop
- 17 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 18 Redwood National Forest
- 19 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 20 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 21 Uber and Miami
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 24 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 25 camping in the Finger Lakes region
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA