We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 4) visiting From Malaysia. We arrive in NYC on 16 July 2013 and return from NYC to malaysia on 6 Aug. Would love some ideas on how to fill that time, best modes of transportation for visiting some of the places i have in mind. Also whether driving is something i should even attempt considering we drive on the right side over here and our country isn't that vast. It's tiny actually! The longest journey I've probably done in a car is like 6 hours!
Roughly my plan was to spend 3 nights in NYC and then fly down to new orleans (is this a bad idea? ) and stay a week and then drive to orlando (Is renting an RV for this something I should consider? bit worried about this drive!) then probably stay a couple of nites in orlando and then get on the disney cruise for three nights. Thereafter from the 28th till the 6th travel back up north stopping at places like charleston, savannah, DC (would love to get ideas here on any places on route I should visit or give a miss) . Very happy to stop overnight at these places. Maybe 2 nites in DC.
Appreciate any advise. Feel free to let me know if this plan is not viable!
Seeking ideas for how to chart out my vacation to the east coast of USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 2 Utah 2
- 3 New York City - apartment locations
- 4 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 5 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 6 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 7 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 8 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 9 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 10 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 11 Tudor city -special help/info
- 12 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 13 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 14 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 15 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 16 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 17 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 18 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 19 must see and do's in Maui?
- 20 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 21 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 22 Boston to see Sargent works
- 23 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 24 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 25 Murray Hill NYC restaurants