We are looking for advice for an upcoming road trip to northern california in September. My husband and I are early 60s, like some comforts, but don't want to totally splurge. We like good food, wine with dinner, and cultural and aesthetic activities. We are not campers but do like hiking and hanging out in the outdoors. We are traveling from Washington state to Oregon and have that pretty much figured out. We hope to stay somewhere in the Eureka/Arcata/Mendicino area on day 4 of our trip. Then we then move to San Francisco and Monterey which is already taken care of. Then we are also looking for advice on where to stay/visit in Yosemite/ Lake Tahoe/and Lake Shasta areas. We have 2 nights for Yosemite and 2 for Lake Tahoe and one for Lake Shasta. Then we head back up to Ahsland for theater and Eugene to see relatives. We would love advice on lodgings, restaurants, and places to see/things to do. Thanks so much!
Seeking advice for northern california road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 2 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 3 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 6 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 7 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 10 Is the New York subway safe?
- 11 Chicago eateries downtown
- 12 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Where to from Tampa?
- 15 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 16 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 18 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 21 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 22 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 San Francisco Car Rental Question
- 25 Unique Honeymoon