We are looking for advice for an upcoming road trip to northern california in September. My husband and I are early 60s, like some comforts, but don't want to totally splurge. We like good food, wine with dinner, and cultural and aesthetic activities. We are not campers but do like hiking and hanging out in the outdoors. We are traveling from Washington state to Oregon and have that pretty much figured out. We hope to stay somewhere in the Eureka/Arcata/Mendicino area on day 4 of our trip. Then we then move to San Francisco and Monterey which is already taken care of. Then we are also looking for advice on where to stay/visit in Yosemite/ Lake Tahoe/and Lake Shasta areas. We have 2 nights for Yosemite and 2 for Lake Tahoe and one for Lake Shasta. Then we head back up to Ahsland for theater and Eugene to see relatives. We would love advice on lodgings, restaurants, and places to see/things to do. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 2 Maine weather and temps
- 3 Alcatrez sold out
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 6 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 7 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 8 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 9 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 10 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 11 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 12 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 13 Broadway
- 14 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 15 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 16 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 17 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 18 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 19 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 20 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 21 Need help planning....
- 22 L.A. and Sequoia
- 23 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 24 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 25 Week motorcycle ride