We are looking for advice for an upcoming road trip to northern california in September. My husband and I are early 60s, like some comforts, but don't want to totally splurge. We like good food, wine with dinner, and cultural and aesthetic activities. We are not campers but do like hiking and hanging out in the outdoors. We are traveling from Washington state to Oregon and have that pretty much figured out. We hope to stay somewhere in the Eureka/Arcata/Mendicino area on day 4 of our trip. Then we then move to San Francisco and Monterey which is already taken care of. Then we are also looking for advice on where to stay/visit in Yosemite/ Lake Tahoe/and Lake Shasta areas. We have 2 nights for Yosemite and 2 for Lake Tahoe and one for Lake Shasta. Then we head back up to Ahsland for theater and Eugene to see relatives. We would love advice on lodgings, restaurants, and places to see/things to do. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 2 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 3 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 4 No Spam this morning!!
- 5 San Francisco transit options
- 6 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 7 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 8 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 9 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 10 Honeymoon on PCH
- 11 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 12 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 13 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 16 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 17 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 18 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 19 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 20 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 23 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 24 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 25 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017