We are looking for advice for an upcoming road trip to northern california in September. My husband and I are early 60s, like some comforts, but don't want to totally splurge. We like good food, wine with dinner, and cultural and aesthetic activities. We are not campers but do like hiking and hanging out in the outdoors. We are traveling from Washington state to Oregon and have that pretty much figured out. We hope to stay somewhere in the Eureka/Arcata/Mendicino area on day 4 of our trip. Then we then move to San Francisco and Monterey which is already taken care of. Then we are also looking for advice on where to stay/visit in Yosemite/ Lake Tahoe/and Lake Shasta areas. We have 2 nights for Yosemite and 2 for Lake Tahoe and one for Lake Shasta. Then we head back up to Ahsland for theater and Eugene to see relatives. We would love advice on lodgings, restaurants, and places to see/things to do. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 2 Fastest Route from Albuquerque to Austin
- 3 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 4 Cross-Country trip advice
- 5 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 6 Hiking 'the wave'
- 7 Washington DC
- 8 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 9 Finding Steve Perry
- 10 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 11 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 12 Chicago Stamina
- 13 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 14 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 16 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 17 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 18 las vegas anyone
- 19 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 20 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 21 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 22 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 23 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 24 Restaurant Help Needed
- 25 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy