We are looking for advice for an upcoming road trip to northern california in September. My husband and I are early 60s, like some comforts, but don't want to totally splurge. We like good food, wine with dinner, and cultural and aesthetic activities. We are not campers but do like hiking and hanging out in the outdoors. We are traveling from Washington state to Oregon and have that pretty much figured out. We hope to stay somewhere in the Eureka/Arcata/Mendicino area on day 4 of our trip. Then we then move to San Francisco and Monterey which is already taken care of. Then we are also looking for advice on where to stay/visit in Yosemite/ Lake Tahoe/and Lake Shasta areas. We have 2 nights for Yosemite and 2 for Lake Tahoe and one for Lake Shasta. Then we head back up to Ahsland for theater and Eugene to see relatives. We would love advice on lodgings, restaurants, and places to see/things to do. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 2 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 3 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 4 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 5 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 6 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 7 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 8 San Antonio shopping
- 9 Which island for R&R?
- 10 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 11 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 12 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 13 blue ridge parkway?
- 14 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 15 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 16 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 17 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 18 First Trip to New Mexico
- 19 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 20 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 21 San Diego, mission valley
- 22 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 25 Seattle?