Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 6 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 7 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 8 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 9 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 10 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 11 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 12 AR State Parks
- 13 California Trip
- 14 101 closure
- 15 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 16 Sonoma
- 17 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 18 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 19 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 20 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 21 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 22 Road trip around Washington DC
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House