Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RESET : YAHOO ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT YAHOO MAIL24x7
- 2 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 3 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 4 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 5 Visting a friend during layover
- 6 Chicago restaurants
- 7 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 8 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 9 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 10 Newark long term parking
- 11 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 12 Road trip advice needed please
- 13 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 14 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 15 Help plan my trip please
- 16 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 17 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 18 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 19 florida gulf coast
- 20 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 21 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 22 Maui, early August
- 23 Going to the sun road open
- 24 Family Trip advice please?!
- 25 Alaska trip itinerary
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House