Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/ultimate-testo-explosion/
- 2 Key West
- 3 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 4 http://wellnesssupplement.com/image-revive/
- 5 Arizona in winter
- 6 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 7 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 8 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 9 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 10 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 11 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 12 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 13 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 14 moving to Florida
- 15 DC restaurant report
- 16 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 17 Neue Galerie
- 18 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 19 A Few Days in Asheville
- 20 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 21 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 22 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 23 national park during thanksgiving
- 24 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 25 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House