Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 more info: http://alphagenixsweden.com/perlelux/
- 2 Colorado itinerary
- 3 Oregon Coast question
- 4 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 5 California road trip
- 6 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 7 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 8 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 9 Florida with a 2 year old
- 10 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 11 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 12 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 13 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 14 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?
- 15 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 16 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 17 Holton Head, Amelia Island or ????
- 18 Four days in Maine for Anniversary & Birthday
- 19 Economical Restaurants in Oahu; Especially Waikiki
- 20 Solo Yosemite Lodging
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 23 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 24 June 2018 cruise in SE Alaska
- 25 7 days in colorado
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House