Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/zygenx/
- 2 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 3 How To Win Lottery System: 5 Secrets
- 4 Christmas in Colorado
- 5 Hawaii and...where?
- 6 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 7 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 8 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 9 Marfa/Big Bend
- 10 usa roadtrip
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 DC Restaurants
- 13 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 14 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 15 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 16 JFK to Washington
- 17 Phoenix for the weekend
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 21 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 22 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 23 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House