Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 2 stopping off I 81 South
- 3 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 4 NYC with 8 yr old
- 5 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 6 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 7 Advice on tipping
- 8 September Road Trip in New England
- 9 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 12 Road Trip
- 13 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 14 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 15 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 16 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 17 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 18 Hilton Head restaurants
- 19 Road trip October
- 20 Amish
- 21 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 22 United Nations tours
- 23 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 24 national/state park in November
- 25 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House