Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 12 NYC theatre broadway
- 13 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 16 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 A day in Dallas
- 19 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 20 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 21 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 22 Door County Suggestions
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 25 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!