Before I start, I need to state that my question is genuine....
This thread was previously on yesterday, before one of the members kindly highlighted it as 'touting/spam'. I have now been reinstated by Fodor to rewrite my original post now that I have proved my credibility.
I have been in New York for 2 months and am here for a further 1 month.
I am trying to find a restaurant that is like a home, i.e. very homely, small, lots of character and atmosphere due to the quaint surroundings, with a friendly service and great food.
Up to now, I have only found one option, to which I have already been, which is calling Heidi's House.
(N.B. Second disclaimer, I am in no way touting Heidi's House. For two reasons: I am not here for long enough to need to do this, and secondly it is always full)
I merely think that Heidi's is a fantastic option, and am now seeking to find a similar alternative or two to try out. The location is Manhattan.
Up to now, one person has suggested Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table, which as an option is heading in the right direction.
I hope that someone can be of assistance in advising of similar 'homely' style restaurants in Manhattan, because I have searched high and low on the internet but can't find anything as yet.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 2 Route Planning for East USA
- 3 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas
- 4 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 5 Midway to U of Chicago
- 6 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 9 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 10 Summer trip
- 11 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 18 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 19 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 20 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 23 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 24 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 25 Florida keys trip
seeking a small quirky restaurant that is like a home, e.g. Heidi's House