Myself and two young children (5 and 2) are accompanying my husband on a business trip to Portland, MA. Neither one of us has been before but would like to make the most of our 3 day stay there. Is there anything you can recommend as far as where to stay, where to eat, what to do in that short time frame. I also am looking for somewhere to stay that is easily walkable. My husband will be gone for work at least one of the days which will leave me only able to do/see things in a walkable distance. I would love to be able to take them to a beach at some point, other than that we just would like to see the sights. Any recommendations would be helpful! Thanks for any feedback you can give!
See the most of Portland, Maine with a young family
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 3 moving to florida
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 6 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 11 Boston/Salem with kids
- 12 Connecticut River Byway
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 16 San Diego farmer's markets
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 20 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 21 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 22 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 23 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 24 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 25 drive from SF to crater lake