Myself and two young children (5 and 2) are accompanying my husband on a business trip to Portland, MA. Neither one of us has been before but would like to make the most of our 3 day stay there. Is there anything you can recommend as far as where to stay, where to eat, what to do in that short time frame. I also am looking for somewhere to stay that is easily walkable. My husband will be gone for work at least one of the days which will leave me only able to do/see things in a walkable distance. I would love to be able to take them to a beach at some point, other than that we just would like to see the sights. Any recommendations would be helpful! Thanks for any feedback you can give!
See the most of Portland, Maine with a young family
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Will have five days in Savannah
- 2 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 3 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 4 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 5 Need some shade in Key West
- 6 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 7 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 8 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 9 Itinerary opinions
- 10 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 11 New England in the fall
- 12 Our perfect day in Key West
- 13 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 14 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 15 Mesa Verde
- 16 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 17 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 18 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 19 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 20 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 21 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 22 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 23 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 24 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 25 NYC Clubs for live music