Myself and two young children (5 and 2) are accompanying my husband on a business trip to Portland, MA. Neither one of us has been before but would like to make the most of our 3 day stay there. Is there anything you can recommend as far as where to stay, where to eat, what to do in that short time frame. I also am looking for somewhere to stay that is easily walkable. My husband will be gone for work at least one of the days which will leave me only able to do/see things in a walkable distance. I would love to be able to take them to a beach at some point, other than that we just would like to see the sights. Any recommendations would be helpful! Thanks for any feedback you can give!
See the most of Portland, Maine with a young family
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 2 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 3 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 4 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 5 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 6 Question About Sealodge
- 7 Broadway choices
- 8 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 9 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 10 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 11 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 12 Worst Restaurants in America
- 13 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 14 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 15 Fairbanks Alaska
- 16 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 17 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Yosemite Lodging
- 20 Colorado aspen updates
- 21 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 22 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 23 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 24 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 25 Getaway