Brand new to posting, but have read many posts for great travel advice! Hope your lovely community can steer me in the right direction.
My boyfriend and I will be in Maui in mid August for 10 days. We already have the first part of our lodging booked, at the Westin Resort Villas in Ka'anapali. However, we will have four days/three nights left after we check out, and we're trying to figure out where to stay. We don't want to move to the South Shore - would like to be somewhere with a much different vibe and feel. So between Upcountry, the North Shore, and Hana, which location would you prefer to spend three nights in, and where would you recommend that we stay?
We are both in our mid-twenties, like a combination of relaxation/down time and easy island experiences we can do ourselves (not huge fans of tour groups). I am a fond novice surfer, he has never surfed but wants to try. We will have a rental car. Budget: prefer to pay $150 or less per night. We're staying at the Westin because we got a great deal, but both of us enjoy B&Bs/condos/boutique hotels as well.
Would love to hear your feedback! Thank you!
Second part of Maui Vacation: Where to Stay: North Shore, Upcountry, Hana?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 2 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 3 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 4 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 5 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 6 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 7 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 8 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 9 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 10 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 11 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 12 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 13 Best places to move to Florida?
- 14 Juneau May 8th
- 15 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 20 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 21 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 24 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 25 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona