Brand new to posting, but have read many posts for great travel advice! Hope your lovely community can steer me in the right direction.
My boyfriend and I will be in Maui in mid August for 10 days. We already have the first part of our lodging booked, at the Westin Resort Villas in Ka'anapali. However, we will have four days/three nights left after we check out, and we're trying to figure out where to stay. We don't want to move to the South Shore - would like to be somewhere with a much different vibe and feel. So between Upcountry, the North Shore, and Hana, which location would you prefer to spend three nights in, and where would you recommend that we stay?
We are both in our mid-twenties, like a combination of relaxation/down time and easy island experiences we can do ourselves (not huge fans of tour groups). I am a fond novice surfer, he has never surfed but wants to try. We will have a rental car. Budget: prefer to pay $150 or less per night. We're staying at the Westin because we got a great deal, but both of us enjoy B&Bs/condos/boutique hotels as well.
Would love to hear your feedback! Thank you!
Second part of Maui Vacation: Where to Stay: North Shore, Upcountry, Hana?
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 7 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 San Antonio
- 10 hotel near Met NYC
- 11 Key West on NYE
- 12 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 13 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 14 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 15 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 22 Oahu Information
- 23 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 24 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 25 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?