Brand new to posting, but have read many posts for great travel advice! Hope your lovely community can steer me in the right direction.
My boyfriend and I will be in Maui in mid August for 10 days. We already have the first part of our lodging booked, at the Westin Resort Villas in Ka'anapali. However, we will have four days/three nights left after we check out, and we're trying to figure out where to stay. We don't want to move to the South Shore - would like to be somewhere with a much different vibe and feel. So between Upcountry, the North Shore, and Hana, which location would you prefer to spend three nights in, and where would you recommend that we stay?
We are both in our mid-twenties, like a combination of relaxation/down time and easy island experiences we can do ourselves (not huge fans of tour groups). I am a fond novice surfer, he has never surfed but wants to try. We will have a rental car. Budget: prefer to pay $150 or less per night. We're staying at the Westin because we got a great deal, but both of us enjoy B&Bs/condos/boutique hotels as well.
Would love to hear your feedback! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 2 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 3 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 4 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 5 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 6 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 7 DC restaurant report
- 8 Arizona in winter
- 9 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 10 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 11 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 12 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 13 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 14 Arizona in late January
- 15 A Few Days in Asheville
- 16 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 17 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 18 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 19 Key West
- 20 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 21 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 22 moving to Florida
- 23 Neue Galerie
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
Second part of Maui Vacation: Where to Stay: North Shore, Upcountry, Hana?