Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 2 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 3 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 4 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 5 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 6 DC restaurant report
- 7 Neue Galerie
- 8 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 9 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 10 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 14 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 15 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 19 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 20 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 21 Key West
- 22 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!