Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is this a new record for spam?
- 2 Nashville Public Transportation
- 3 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 6 Cape Cod visit in August
- 7 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 8 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 9 Ferry to Nantucket
- 10 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 11 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 12 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 13 BYOB in New York City
- 14 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 15 Sedona to Vegas
- 16 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 17 48 Hours in NYC
- 18 Northern California 13-day Itinerary
- 19 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 20 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 21 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 22 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 23 Sedona - Jeep Tours
- 24 Another question about hawaii
- 25 Late winter road trip Deep South