Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 2 Orlando in February
- 3 middlebury vt snow
- 4 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 5 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 6 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 7 Los Angeles day trips
- 8 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 9 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 10 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 11 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 12 Orlando hotels
- 13 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 14 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 15 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 16 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 17 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 18 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 19 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 20 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 23 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 24 Clearwater FL area
- 25 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route