Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 2 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 3 USA family tour
- 4 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 5 Send postcard to an inmate in jail - Inmateaid
- 6 US whole month of January where to
- 7 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 8 Dedicated server Netherlands
- 9 Places to stay in Skagway
- 10 A fun ride to Miami Disney Universal Studios
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 13 Bryce and Zion planning
- 14 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 15 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 16 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 17 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 18 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Maui - luau question
- 21 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 22 Weekend in Chicago
- 23 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 24 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 25 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017