Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 2 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 3 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 4 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 5 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 6 Ideas for New York
- 7 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 8 New York in December
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 11 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 12 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 13 Staying outside DC
- 14 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 15 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 16 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 17 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 20 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 21 Road trip
- 22 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 23 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 24 Getting married to a French man
- 25 3-week one-way cross country trip in June