Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Utah National Parks visit
- 2 Family Reunion Spells, Prayers and Hex Removal Spells +27786966898
- 3 universal studios and disney
- 4 marriot cypress harbour
- 5 Savannah hotel
- 6 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 7 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 8 Hotel in Reno
- 9 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 10 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 11 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 12 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 13 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 14 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 15 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 16 Retiring to Tucson
- 17 Trinity Site, NM
- 18 Santa Fe Itineray
- 19 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 20 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 21 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 22 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 23 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 24 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 25 North Carolina airports