Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 2 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 3 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 4 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 5 Pacific coast road trip
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Help with driving East to West
- 8 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 9 Texas Hill Country in Autumn
- 10 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 11 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 12 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 13 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 15 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 16 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 17 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 18 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 19 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 20 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 21 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 22 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 23 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 24 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 25 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3