Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 2 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 3 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 4 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 Yosemite Fire
- 7 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 8 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 9 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 10 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 15 Fancy dining
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 18 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 19 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 20 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 21 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 22 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 23 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 24 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 25 Charlotte restaurant help