Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 2 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 3 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 4 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 5 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 6 Retiring to Colorado
- 7 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 8 suggestions needed for gulfport/biloxi/mobile/pensacola areas
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 11 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 12 My CA itinerary
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Charleston and Asheville
- 15 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 16 Xmas in new york
- 17 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 18 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 19 Washington D.C. with a 5 year old!
- 20 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 21 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 22 Nashville 2016
- 23 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 24 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 25 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles