Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://greentoneproblog.net/majestic-trim/
- 2 http://fitnesstalkzone.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 3 Headlock Muscle Scam? Do Not Buy Read Reviews First *SHOCKING*
- 4 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 5 Rail Male Enhancement - Best Natural Male Sexual Enhancement Supplement
- 6 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 7 Hawaii wedding
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 10 Oregon Coast question
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 13 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 14 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 15 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 16 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 17 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 18 Moving to Montana
- 19 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 20 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 21 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 22 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 23 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 24 Savanah GA
- 25 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK