Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 moving to florida
- 2 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 3 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 4 Alaska railroad?
- 5 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 6 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 7 culpepper
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 NYC Clubs for live music
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 12 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 13 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 16 Itinerary opinions
- 17 Calgary to Banff
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 20 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 21 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 22 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 23 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 24 Our perfect day in Key West
- 25 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast