Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Health radiated by healthful skin
- 2 you suffer from dry skin
- 3 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/testadrox-reviews/
- 4 http://fornatgaex.com/alpha-plus-male-reviews/
- 5 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 6 Is the Clear Springs, MS recreation area closed?
- 7 Valdez, Alaska
- 8 Help with first time
- 9 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 10 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 11 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 12 Discounted Rental Car?
- 13 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 14 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 15 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 16 Inexpensive family getaways
- 17 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 18 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 19 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 20 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 21 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 22 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 23 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 24 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 25 San Francisco Itinerary help