Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC Restaurants
- 2 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 3 Christmas in Colorado
- 4 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 5 Anon doesn’t like short grills
- 6 JFK to Washington
- 7 This discarded dough wasn't done rising
- 8 Carrie Fishers flirty smile, early 80s.
- 9 Phoenix for the weekend
- 10 Marfa/Big Bend
- 11 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 12 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 13 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 14 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 17 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 18 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 19 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 20 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 23 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 24 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 25 San Francisco/wildfire worries