Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AVG☎ Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 BROTHER@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 3 Gmail phishing attack is Become tricky
- 4 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 5 Help with Northwest Trip
- 6 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 7 road trip
- 8 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 9 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 10 Orlando area weather in June
- 11 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 12 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 New Itinerary
- 14 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 15 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 16 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 17 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 18 Myrtle beach
- 19 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 20 HELP FOR ITINERARY
- 21 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 22 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 23 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 24 Boston Food Tour
- 25 Help plan my trip please