Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. My training will take place in the Pacific Tower in the Beacon Hill neighborhood. I'll have one tourist day free on Sunday March 16th, and I'm pretty sure I'll have most evenings free.
Question 1, what neighborhood would you stay in? After a little research I'm leaning toward staying downtown at Mayflower Park and taking a 36 bus back and forth to the training (I'm a city girl and very comfy with public transit). Second choice the Silver Cloud-Stadium that looks walking distance to Pioneer Square which I only know about from reading - I've only been to Seattle briefly once and it was many, many years ago. But am very open to suggestions!
Question 2, any particular recs for what to do for evening activities? I won't have a car. I'm into exploring neighborhoods, especially any with interesting architecture; most kinds of music, especially but not only jazz and indy folk; art; shopping at independently owned stores, especially bookstores; dining at casual but delicious mostly ethnic restaurants.
I'm not asking about my one tourist day since I figure I'll just read up here and elsewhere and see what most appeals to me, but if anyone's inclined to suggest on that too, I'm all ears!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 2 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 3 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 6 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 7 Good Skin==>>> http://www.slimrootz.com/bella-dore/
- 8 Which benefits are comes after using Nucific BIO X4?
- 9 Get You Greater Muscles
- 10 Partial Knee Replacement Los Angeles
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 13 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 14 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 15 fort lauderdale
- 16 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 17 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 18 Redwood National Forest
- 19 What to do in San Diego
- 20 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 21 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 22 First Trip to Texas -
- 23 5 days in Colorado
- 24 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 25 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?