I am planning an approximately 4-5 day road trip from Seattle to San Francisco. I plan to drive down the coast on US 101. I would like to spend a night or two on the Oregon coast. Most likely around Newport. I would like to cover the stretch from Seattle to Newport, Oregon on the first day. Aside from that, I am really open to other stops along the way. I would like to spend some time in the Redwoods once I hit California. Perhaps spend a night in that area. I would like any suggestions regarding the itinerary or any must see spots along the way. Any tips or suggestions are helpful. I am from Washington but have have no experience with the coastal area. If anyone has any experience doing such a drive, any feedback would be helpful.
Seattle to San Francisco Road Trip Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 Alaska
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 9 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 16 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 20 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 A day in Dallas
- 25 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!