We want to travel from Seattle to San Francisco. At present we are planning the following:
Fly into Seattle from Bozeman
2+ days in Seattle
Perhaps leave on the night train from Seattle to Portland
2 days in Portland and Columbia Gorge & Mount Hood / Multnomah falls
2 days exploring the Oregon coast
1 day in Redwoods
1 day to Mendocino
1 day to San Francisco - fly back to Sydney that night.
We have previously been to San Francisco, so feel we do not need to visit again. We will be traveling with 2 children; aged 5 and 8 (the 8 year old has very mild Cerebral Palsy).
Could you please advise on towns to stay
1) while exploring the Oregon coast and
Sights and towns we would like to see/visit while in this area include: Ecola State Park, Suislaw River Bridge, Florence, Oregon caves, Ashland, Cannon Beach and Yachats. Please advise if this is do-able in 2 days or if you recommend 3 days to do it.
2) in Redwoods?
We would like to stop and do some sightseeing in Klamath at the County Museum and Fort Klamath (if possible)
Does this route allow us to pass through the Avenue of the Giants?
On route to San Francisco, we would also like to stop at Fort Ross State Historic Park.
1) if we have enough time to do all the things we think we might want to do, or how many days it may require.
2) if there is anything else you think we should rather see / do.
3) any other advice.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL password recovery CONTACT☎ 1:888:482:3831AOL Tec*h Supp0rt
- 2 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 3 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 4 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 5 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 6 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 7 How much time in Badlands?
- 8 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 9 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 10 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 11 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 12 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 13 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 14 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 15 Where to stay in Big Bear/Snow Summit, California to ski?
- 16 Christmas in Colorado
- 17 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 18 JFK to Washington
- 19 Where to live in the North East
- 20 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 23 Houston during hurricane
- 24 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 25 Phoenix for the weekend