After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 2 San Francisco transit options
- 3 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 4 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 5 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 Honeymoon on PCH
- 8 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 9 No Spam this morning!!
- 10 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 13 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 14 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 15 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 16 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 17 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 18 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 19 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 20 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 21 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 22 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 23 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 24 Help us choose a hotel
- 25 Magic Show