After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 2 Midway point
- 3 Hackers for hire? Hacker’s Wall – for those with no ethics or skills
- 4 White Christmas
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 7 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 8 New York City
- 9 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 10 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 11 Relocating to the Deep South
- 12 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 13 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 14 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 15 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 16 Arlington funeral plans
- 17 destin resorts
- 18 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 19 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 20 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 21 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 22 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 23 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 24 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 25 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot