After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.toptryloburn.com/vaso-blast/
- 2 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?
- 3 What sets a Marine aside from some guy
- 4 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 5 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 6 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 7 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 8 Rules of the NY Subway
- 9 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 10 Food Festival Tour
- 11 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 12 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 13 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 14 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 15 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 16 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 17 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 18 Dividing time in Glacier
- 19 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 20 My travels to Monument Valley
- 21 Miami for 2 days
- 22 Universal Studios vacation
- 23 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 24 San Antonio Grand Hyatt versus Marriott Riverwalk
- 25 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land