After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 2 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 3 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 4 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 5 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 6 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 8 Florida Family vacation in California
- 9 New York City Christmas 2015
- 10 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 11 Yosemite Visit
- 12 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 13 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 14 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 15 50th in Hawaii
- 16 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 17 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 18 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 21 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 22 Hilton Head restaurants
- 23 Las Vegas
- 24 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 25 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!