After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 2 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 3 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 4 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 5 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 6 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 7 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 8 Around New Orleans
- 9 Nashville restaurants
- 10 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 11 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 12 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 13 MO road trip itinerary
- 14 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 15 Visiting New York State
- 16 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 17 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 18 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 21 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 22 Resturants salslito
- 23 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 24 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 25 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx