After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Scored a Cabin at Grand Canyon's Phantom Ranch....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 SF to DR? WTH!
- 5 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 8 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 9 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 10 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 11 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 12 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 13 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 14 Jersey City Parking
- 15 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 16 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 17 Kennebunkport and....?
- 18 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 19 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 20 Washington, DC to Boston
- 21 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 24 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?