After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 2 Restaurant furniture
- 3 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 6 Mountain Honeymoon
- 7 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 9 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 10 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 11 Big Island Volcano with a 7 yr old
- 12 Northern California Relocation Road Trip
- 13 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 14 Richmond, VA Fodor's fans?
- 15 Maui 7 day trip itinerary (with toddler)
- 16 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 17 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 18 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 19 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 20 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 21 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 22 Asheville Hotel Indigo
- 23 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 24 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 25 Which city/area in Alaska to choose?