After trying on the 1st of every month for over a year, I finally managed to get a reservation at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon). The cherry on top? It is for 2 nights in a cabin. The caveat? July 4th and 5th, 2014. Looking at the current heat warnings, I'm beginning to second guess myself here. The physical challenge of going down and back up is enough, having to hike in 110ºF might be more than what I bargained for. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to stay in TX...?
- 2 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 3 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 4 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 7 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 8 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 9 Silverthorne
- 10 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 11 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 12 Highway 1 motels
- 13 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 14 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 15 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 16 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 17 San Antonio
- 18 11 days SE coast road trip
- 19 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 20 Getting around in NYC
- 21 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 22 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 23 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 24 3.5 weeks in the Deep South
- 25 International student, applying for school