We will be on a scenic driving tour and driving from the east Glacier area to Idaho Falls on 7-14 and are looking for the most scenic route that does not go through yellowstone. I've looked at rtes 287/87 to rte 20 and rtes 191/287 to rte 20 and of course sticking to I-15. Any recommendation on which rte and any specific scenic stops on the way would be appreciated. We will be initially entering Yellowstone from the Beartooth hwy and exiting through Mammoth on the way to Glacier and then reentering Yellowstone from Idaho Falls and the GTs on the way to Cody. I'm trying to not cover the same ground twice and stay off the Interstates when more scenic routes are available. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Scenic Rte from East Glacier to Idaho Falls
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 8 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions