We will be on a scenic driving tour and driving from the east Glacier area to Idaho Falls on 7-14 and are looking for the most scenic route that does not go through yellowstone. I've looked at rtes 287/87 to rte 20 and rtes 191/287 to rte 20 and of course sticking to I-15. Any recommendation on which rte and any specific scenic stops on the way would be appreciated. We will be initially entering Yellowstone from the Beartooth hwy and exiting through Mammoth on the way to Glacier and then reentering Yellowstone from Idaho Falls and the GTs on the way to Cody. I'm trying to not cover the same ground twice and stay off the Interstates when more scenic routes are available. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Scenic Rte from East Glacier to Idaho Falls
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Condos near Disney World
- 2 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 3 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 4 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 5 family celebration trip
- 6 New England September
- 7 searching for urban master planned community
- 8 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 9 Deep South sept 2015
- 10 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 11 Hawaii Group Travel
- 12 Austin Food Trucks
- 13 New York To Ashville NC
- 14 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 Fmpden, are you there?
- 17 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 18 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 19 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 20 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 21 Charleston Islands
- 22 Family Spring Break 2015
- 23 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 24 san diego or nearby area
- 25 Mother Daughter Trip