We will be on a scenic driving tour and driving from the east Glacier area to Idaho Falls on 7-14 and are looking for the most scenic route that does not go through yellowstone. I've looked at rtes 287/87 to rte 20 and rtes 191/287 to rte 20 and of course sticking to I-15. Any recommendation on which rte and any specific scenic stops on the way would be appreciated. We will be initially entering Yellowstone from the Beartooth hwy and exiting through Mammoth on the way to Glacier and then reentering Yellowstone from Idaho Falls and the GTs on the way to Cody. I'm trying to not cover the same ground twice and stay off the Interstates when more scenic routes are available. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Scenic Rte from East Glacier to Idaho Falls
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Christmas Trip
- 2 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 3 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 4 From Seattle airport to the city
- 5 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 6 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 7 Colorado Skiing
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 10 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 11 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 15 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 16 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 17 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 18 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 19 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 20 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 21 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 22 Middle America in October
- 23 visit to HIghLine
- 24 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 25 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel