My husband and I are thinking about a mid-October road trip from near DC to the Outer Banks, and I have read several posts on avoiding I-95 that offer a lot of detail on why to skip the interstate but not much detail on other routes. We'd like a scenic or interesting route and also read that we might find it by driving down the Delmarva peninsula. We don't mind an additional 2 or so hours. If we go this way, what kinds of things might we find? We'd want some place to eat and rest at least once on the way, and we like to photograph our trips. Any alternate routes you'd recommend? Thanks!
Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 12 Universal studios/Orlando
- 13 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 14 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 15 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 20 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 21 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 22 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 23 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 24 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 25 Accomodations in Seattle for 15