My husband and I are thinking about a mid-October road trip from near DC to the Outer Banks, and I have read several posts on avoiding I-95 that offer a lot of detail on why to skip the interstate but not much detail on other routes. We'd like a scenic or interesting route and also read that we might find it by driving down the Delmarva peninsula. We don't mind an additional 2 or so hours. If we go this way, what kinds of things might we find? We'd want some place to eat and rest at least once on the way, and we like to photograph our trips. Any alternate routes you'd recommend? Thanks!
Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
View all United States activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 RIP Judy Rogers
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 8 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Princeville in January
- 16 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 17 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 18 pa to az
- 19 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 20 Savanah Sojourn
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 25 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)