We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 2 How To Looks Fine
- 3 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 4 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 7 Hana from the aiport
- 8 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 9 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 10 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 11 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 12 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 13 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 14 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 15 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 16 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 17 from Moab to Bryce
- 18 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 19 San Diego-Hotel
- 20 Los Angeles day trips
- 21 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 24 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 25 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite