We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 2 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 las vegas cabana reservations
- 5 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 8 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 9 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 10 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 13 new york subway help please
- 14 Boston to see Sargent works
- 15 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 16 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 17 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 18 Moving out of states from Florida
- 19 Atlanta to LA
- 20 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 21 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 22 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 23 Things to do in La Jolla
- 24 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 25 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England