We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 5 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 6 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 7 trip advice from TN to TX
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 10 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 11 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 12 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 13 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 14 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 15 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 16 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 17 Clearwater FL area
- 18 san diego or nearby area
- 19 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 20 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 25 Charleston, SC help