We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 charleston during Christmas Week
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?