We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Marais?
- 2 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 3 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 4 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 5 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 6 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 7 Barrow Alaska
- 8 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 9 Salt Lake City
- 10 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 11 Park City Utah
- 12 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 13 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 14 Maine in latter half of September
- 15 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 16 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 17 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 18 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 19 Colorado trip
- 20 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 21 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 22 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 23 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 24 Alaska- Best tours
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson