We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 6 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 9 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 10 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 13 Boston hotel & transportation
- 14 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 NBA tickets??
- 17 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 18 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 hilton capital
- 21 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Help me with creating a work of art
- 25 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions