We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 10 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Denver in a half day
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 16 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 17 Oahu ideas
- 18 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 19 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 Best places to move to Florida?
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 23 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 Vacation rentals in Tucson