We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
View all United States activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 RIP Judy Rogers
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 8 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Princeville in January
- 16 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 17 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 18 pa to az
- 19 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 20 Savanah Sojourn
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 25 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)