We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 2 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 3 Phoenix restaurants
- 4 Washington, DC to Boston
- 5 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 6 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 7 San Diego Trip Report
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 10 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 11 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 12 rain in Kauai
- 13 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 14 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 15 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 16 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 17 WISCONSIN
- 18 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 21 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 22 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 23 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?