We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 2 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 Las Vegas in March
- 5 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 6 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 7 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 8 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 9 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 10 Clearwater visit.
- 11 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 12 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 13 2nd Trip to Alaska, Looking for some off the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 15 hotels near Denali
- 16 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 17 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 18 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 19 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail
- 20 Utah 2
- 21 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 22 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 23 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 24 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 25 Family Beach Vacation in December