We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 2 SFO International Airport
- 3 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 4 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 5 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 6 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 7 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 8 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 9 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 10 Fall color yet?
- 11 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 12 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 13 My Book of Mormon review
- 14 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 15 Colorado aspen updates
- 16 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 19 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 20 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 23 JFK Airport
- 24 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?