We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 New York City Restaurants
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 WISCONSIN
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 8 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 9 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 10 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 11 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 15 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 16 Dining in D.C.
- 17 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 18 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 19 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 20 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 21 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 22 Colorado in the summer!
- 23 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 24 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?