We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 2 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 3 Refining my California Itinerary
- 4 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 5 Oregon Road Trip
- 6 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 7 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 8 Getaway
- 9 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 10 Moving to New Jersey
- 11 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 12 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 13 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 14 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 15 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 16 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 17 St. Simon, Georgia
- 18 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 19 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 20 4 week family trip ideas
- 21 Christmas in TX
- 22 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 23 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 24 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 25 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?