We will be driving from Black Hills, South Dakota, headed toward Flagstaff Arizona, and would like to take a slower scenic route through Colorado. We were originally looking at Trail Ridge Road, Pikes Peak and/or Gold Camp Road (husband remembers this from decades ago, but it is closed in areas now due to flooding). Last time we came through Colorado, we drove the Million Dollar Highway and saw Mesa Verde. We will be driving a two-wheel vehicle, and wondering about Phantom Canyon Road as an alternate to Gold Camp Road. We don't want to get in the way of efforts to rebuild after the flooding, but do want to see more of this gorgeous state. We'll be coming through Colorado around October 6th. Thank you!
Scenic driving through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 Question about Miami travel
- 3 Salt Lake City
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 11 Locker at JFK
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 San Diego grocery stores
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Best places to move to Florida?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 18 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 West Coast Bound End of March