I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buying wine New York City
- 2 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 3 Is this a new record for spam?
- 4 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 5 Theater Districy/Midtown NYC Hotel Suggestions
- 6 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 7 Florida Car Rental
- 8 Nashville Public Transportation
- 9 Cape Cod visit in August
- 10 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 11 http://a1healthbeautycare.com/maxtropin-reviews/
- 12 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 13 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 14 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 15 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 16 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 17 BYOB in New York City
- 18 Week in Colorado
- 19 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 20 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 21 Ferry to Nantucket
- 22 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 23 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 24 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 25 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos