I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 2 Philly Itinerary Help
- 3 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 4 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 5 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 6 US Trip
- 7 Bryce and Zion planning
- 8 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 9 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 10 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 11 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 12 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 14 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 15 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 16 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 19 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 20 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 21 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 22 Ohio to NYC
- 23 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 24 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 25 4 days road trip southern New England