I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safe? http://tryapext.com/testo-ultra-avis/
- 2 Denver to moab
- 3 7 speakers to enhance your multimedia experience
- 4 low elevation to Yellowstone
- 5 Sequoias between Death Valley and San Diego
- 6 How to do 3 days around North Cascades National Park?
- 7 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 8 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 9 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 10 San Fracisco to Seattle road trip
- 11 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 12 Utah National Parks Itinerary
- 13 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 14 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 vermont lake
- 17 Where to stay at Grand Wailea & Grand Hyatt
- 18 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 19 Seward without a car
- 20 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 21 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 22 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 23 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 24 flagstaff
- 25 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?