I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 Inexpensive family getaways
- 4 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 5 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 6 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 7 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 8 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 9 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 10 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 12 Driving cross country tips
- 13 Help with first time
- 14 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 15 Atlanta Airport
- 16 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 17 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 18 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 19 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 20 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 21 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 22 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 23 Discounted Rental Car?
- 24 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 25 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest