I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 2 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 3 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 4 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 5 DC Restaurants
- 6 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 7 Short Oregon Trip
- 8 usa roadtrip
- 9 Hawaii and...where?
- 10 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 11 How much time in Badlands?
- 12 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 13 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 14 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 15 Chicago 2017
- 16 Christmas in Colorado
- 17 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 22 Marfa/Big Bend
- 23 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 24 JFK to Washington
- 25 Phoenix for the weekend