I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 2 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 3 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 4 Relocating to the Deep South
- 5 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 6 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 7 http://tadvancesite.com/brilliant-eyes-serum-uk/
- 8 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 9 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 10 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 11 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 12 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 13 Budget NYC hotel
- 14 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 15 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 16 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 19 San Francisco and Napa
- 20 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 21 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 22 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 23 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 24 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 25 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship