I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/verutum-rx/
- 2 Headlock Muscle Scam? Do Not Buy Read Reviews First *SHOCKING*
- 3 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 4 Rail Male Enhancement - Best Natural Male Sexual Enhancement Supplement
- 5 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 6 Hawaii wedding
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 9 Oregon Coast question
- 10 California road trip
- 11 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 12 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 13 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 14 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 15 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 16 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 17 Moving to Montana
- 18 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 19 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 20 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 21 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 22 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 23 Savanah GA
- 24 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 25 Florida with a 2 year old