I plan to spend 4 days Friday 28 to Monday 31st October, arriving in Savannah late the evening of the 27th. I have 4 days to make my way to Charleston, where I take the overnight train to Washington, and continue on to NY.
- I will obviously need a car rental, any problems hiring in Savannah & dropping off in Charleston?
- What itinerary would you suggest?
- Any suggestions on places to stay <$150pn (double)
- What sights to see
- Nice places to sample local cuisine
Our interests are food/wine, history (civil war etc), architecture, the arts
We are not local to USA, so I am flying blind at this stage. I just love "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" so have always wanted to see Savannah and nearby Charleston
- Which has more to offer do you think ? (loaded question I know)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Running kissimmee Florida
- 2 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 3 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 6 Maine in late October
- 7 Monterey whale watching
- 8 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 9 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 10 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 11 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 12 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 13 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 14 Mackinac or Holland?
- 15 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 16 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 17 Memphis to Dallas
- 18 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 19 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 20 The New Whitney
- 21 1.5 days in Chicago
- 22 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 23 Highway 1 motels
- 24 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 25 Pittsburgh Trip