Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington D.C ((1800)-927-2480)) QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support num
- 2 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 3 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 4 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 5 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 6 San Diego VRBO area
- 7 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 8 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 9 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 10 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 11 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 12 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 13 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 14 Colorado Shows Off
- 15 New England Tour
- 16 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 17 help me plan a Cali trip
- 18 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 19 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 20 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 21 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 22 Wilmington DE questions
- 23 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 24 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 25 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
Hi everyone -