Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 3 Back from the Big Easy
- 4 Border crossing
- 5 Cross country tips
- 6 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 7 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 8 Driving Alaska
- 9 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 10 Parka in PA during February?
- 11 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 12 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 13 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 14 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 17 Ideas for New York
- 18 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 23 IAH to HOU Questions
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico
Hi everyone -