Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
santa monica or santa barbara
Hi everyone -
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando for Work
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 5 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 6 How to dress in Vegas
- 7 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 8 charlotte
- 9 USA trip
- 10 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 NBA tickets??
- 13 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 14 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 15 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 16 camaro hire in waikiki
- 17 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 18 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 19 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 20 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 23 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 24 Sonoma or napa?
- 25 Black Hills Trip Report