Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 2 Route Planning for East USA
- 3 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 4 Roller Coaster
- 5 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 6 Utah National Parks visit
- 7 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 8 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 9 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 10 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 11 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 12 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 13 universal studios and disney
- 14 Honeymoon out west.
- 15 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 16 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 17 Chicago to Charleston
- 18 How many states have you been to?
- 19 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 20 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 21 USA, Trip to the south
- 22 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 23 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 24 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 25 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
Hi everyone -