Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplements4news.com/cafe-vert/
- 2 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 3 Hotel in Austin
- 4 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 5 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX
- 6 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 7 Boston / VT August
- 8 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 9 Lake Champlain, VT
- 10 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 11 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 12 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 13 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 14 5 Days near Denver
- 15 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 16 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 17 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 18 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 19 Boston Ideas
- 20 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 21 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 22 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 23 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 24 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 25 4 Days in Juneau?
Hi everyone -