Hi everyone -
My husband and I are planning a romantic long weekend getaway in southern CA. I am debating between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. We are from Boston and have been to neither.
We are looking for sun, beach, relaxation, nice hotel & pool, good meals, some walking around shopping, etc. We are not planning to rent a car (but could, if need be) as we will only be there 3 to 4 nites and really just want to relax, not sightsee.
After quite a bit of research, I was all set to book the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica as it seemed like that area met all of our requirements. Also, it would be easy to get a flight from BOS to LAX ( I'm using miles )
Then someone mentioned santa barbara to me and that looks just as nice... I haven't done a ton of research on Santa Barbara yet, but was wondering if I should just stick to the original plan?
Does anyone have any advice on how to decide? We are planning to spend about 350-400/nite on hotel and we are going at the end of June.
santa monica or santa barbara
Hi everyone -
- 1 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 2 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 3 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 8 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 12 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 13 Question about Boulder area
- 14 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 15 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 16 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 17 Grand Canyon in March?
- 18 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 19 California Tour Groups?
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 22 Warm and don't Drive
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 25 PRIDE OF AMERICA