We have missed the high-number weekends for viewing the sandhill cranes for the past 2 years. The websites have not been updated. Before we make the trip over to (try to) view the birds, I would like to know if anybody has been over and/or when the peak should be. 2 years ago we saw a couple of bald eagles, which was worth the trip - but last year we saw nothing. I've got a phone number for the Meigs Co COC and will try to call them tomorrow, but there's nothing like advice from somebody who's been there. Thanks!
Sandhill Cranes - Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge, TN
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 2 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 3 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 9 Cape Cod in early April
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver