We have missed the high-number weekends for viewing the sandhill cranes for the past 2 years. The websites have not been updated. Before we make the trip over to (try to) view the birds, I would like to know if anybody has been over and/or when the peak should be. 2 years ago we saw a couple of bald eagles, which was worth the trip - but last year we saw nothing. I've got a phone number for the Meigs Co COC and will try to call them tomorrow, but there's nothing like advice from somebody who's been there. Thanks!
Sandhill Cranes - Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge, TN
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 6 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 7 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 10 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 11 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Tipping advice
- 14 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 15 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 17 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 18 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 19 Christmas weather?
- 20 Big island itinerary
- 21 New York City and New England
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 24 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 25 Thousand Islands