Am planning a vacation beginning of May for me & my husband both 55+ on the soutwest coast of Florida. We've never traveled there b4. Looking for a beachfront place condo or studio on a great beach with clear water & good food. Will have a car. Heard Sanibel was gorgeous but shelly & had murky water. Were considering Ft Meyers Beach or San Marco Island. Ft Myers more convenient trip from the airport, San Marco over an hr away. Heard Ft Myers had red tide. Unsure what to do. Found reasonable condos in both places. All opinions on these locations or others are welcome.
san marco or ft myers beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 6 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 9 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 10 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 13 Boston hotel & transportation
- 14 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 NBA tickets??
- 17 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 18 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 hilton capital
- 21 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Help me with creating a work of art
- 25 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions