Am planning a vacation beginning of May for me & my husband both 55+ on the soutwest coast of Florida. We've never traveled there b4. Looking for a beachfront place condo or studio on a great beach with clear water & good food. Will have a car. Heard Sanibel was gorgeous but shelly & had murky water. Were considering Ft Meyers Beach or San Marco Island. Ft Myers more convenient trip from the airport, San Marco over an hr away. Heard Ft Myers had red tide. Unsure what to do. Found reasonable condos in both places. All opinions on these locations or others are welcome.
san marco or ft myers beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 2 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 3 DC - WW2 flyover
- 4 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 5 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 6 Cape cod and Acadia
- 7 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 8 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 9 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 10 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 11 Colorado trip
- 12 First visit in New Mexico
- 13 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 14 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 15 Maine in latter half of September
- 16 Grand Marais?
- 17 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 18 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 19 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 20 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 21 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 22 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 23 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 24 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 25 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak