Am planning a vacation beginning of May for me & my husband both 55+ on the soutwest coast of Florida. We've never traveled there b4. Looking for a beachfront place condo or studio on a great beach with clear water & good food. Will have a car. Heard Sanibel was gorgeous but shelly & had murky water. Were considering Ft Meyers Beach or San Marco Island. Ft Myers more convenient trip from the airport, San Marco over an hr away. Heard Ft Myers had red tide. Unsure what to do. Found reasonable condos in both places. All opinions on these locations or others are welcome.
san marco or ft myers beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 3 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Hawaii is still Hell
- 6 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 7 Maui - Haleakala
- 8 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 10 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 11 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 12 Vegas in mid may
- 13 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 14 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 15 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 16 Texas for art and history lovers
- 17 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 18 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 19 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 20 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 21 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 22 Which FL town is best?
- 23 Disney World resort vacation at the Carribean Beach
- 24 Texas
- 25 planning a trip to US