Am planning a vacation beginning of May for me & my husband both 55+ on the soutwest coast of Florida. We've never traveled there b4. Looking for a beachfront place condo or studio on a great beach with clear water & good food. Will have a car. Heard Sanibel was gorgeous but shelly & had murky water. Were considering Ft Meyers Beach or San Marco Island. Ft Myers more convenient trip from the airport, San Marco over an hr away. Heard Ft Myers had red tide. Unsure what to do. Found reasonable condos in both places. All opinions on these locations or others are welcome.
san marco or ft myers beach
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 4 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 5 Cape Cod in early April
- 6 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 7 Backpacking in April
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 replica designer handbags
- 10 Portland Maine Hotels
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 13 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 16 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 19 USA with a 3 year old
- 20 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 21 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 24 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle