2 active adults planning a trip to the San Juan Islands in April. Will drive up from Portland. We can spend 2,3 or 4 nights and would like help figuring out the best use of our time. We like to explore, hike, eat, and cycle a bit (would rent). Should we just stay on San Juan Island and explore that area, stay near Friday Harbor? I understand the ferries run West to East so could instead do 2 nights Friday Harbor, 1 night on Orcas. Is Orcas worth it? Lodging seems a bit pricey so dont' want to waste anything and maybe get a kitchenette so every meal isnt' out. Thank you!
San Juan Islands trip planning help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 2 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 3 DC - WW2 flyover
- 4 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 5 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 6 Cape cod and Acadia
- 7 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 8 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 9 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 10 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 11 Colorado trip
- 12 First visit in New Mexico
- 13 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 14 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 15 Maine in latter half of September
- 16 Grand Marais?
- 17 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 18 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 19 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 20 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 21 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 22 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 23 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 24 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 25 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak