2 active adults planning a trip to the San Juan Islands in April. Will drive up from Portland. We can spend 2,3 or 4 nights and would like help figuring out the best use of our time. We like to explore, hike, eat, and cycle a bit (would rent). Should we just stay on San Juan Island and explore that area, stay near Friday Harbor? I understand the ferries run West to East so could instead do 2 nights Friday Harbor, 1 night on Orcas. Is Orcas worth it? Lodging seems a bit pricey so dont' want to waste anything and maybe get a kitchenette so every meal isnt' out. Thank you!
San Juan Islands trip planning help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Door County Suggestions
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 11 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 12 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 13 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 14 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 15 NYC theatre broadway
- 16 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 17 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 18 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.