We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 powerful magic wallets+27789444940 money spells USA/UK/CANADA
- 2 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 3 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 4 Relocating to the Deep South
- 5 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 6 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 7 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 8 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 9 Budget NYC hotel
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 12 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 15 San Francisco and Napa
- 16 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 17 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 18 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 19 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 20 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 21 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 22 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 23 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 24 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 25 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship