We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 2 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 3 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 4 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 5 Summer trip
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 8 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 9 Florida keys trip
- 10 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 11 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 12 Route Planning for East USA
- 13 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 14 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 15 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 16 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 17 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 18 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 19 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 20 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 21 Skagway
- 22 Retiring in NM?
- 23 Chicago to Charleston
- 24 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 25 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?