We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Has anyone been to Georgetown in Brooklyn?
- 2 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 3 which indian rock beach, Fl or fort Lauderdale beach
- 4 Week in Colorado
- 5 Moving to Dallas
- 6 Cape Cod visit in August
- 7 Florida Car Rental
- 8 Buying wine New York City
- 9 Stowe, Vermont in September
- 10 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 11 Holland Tulip Festival
- 12 Is this a new record for spam?
- 13 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 14 Theater Districy/Midtown NYC Hotel Suggestions
- 15 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 16 Nashville Public Transportation
- 17 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 18 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 19 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 20 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 21 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 22 BYOB in New York City
- 23 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 24 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 25 Ferry to Nantucket