We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.ketonesbodyprotry.com/inteligen/
- 2 http://www.revommerce.com/elite-test-booster/
- 3 http://bettercoloncleansingguide.com/rexburn-and-maxgain/
- 4 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 5 Desert Southwest
- 6 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 7 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 8 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 9 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 10 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 11 Kids Vacation Place
- 12 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 13 Boston waterfront Italian
- 14 Mardi Gras
- 15 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 16 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 19 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 20 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 21 Napa valley getaway
- 22 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 23 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 24 Steamboat in August
- 25 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016