We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
San Fransisco to LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 2 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 5 Asheville NC without a car
- 6 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Myrtle Beach
- 10 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 11 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 12 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 19 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 24 Travel West Coast
- 25 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...