We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
San Fransisco to LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 2 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 3 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 4 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 5 Universal studios/Orlando
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 11 Alaska
- 12 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 20 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 21 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 22 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 23 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Car rental through Priceline bidding