We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 2 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 3 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 4 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 5 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 6 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 7 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 8 http://www.bulkcrazymass.com/beverly-hills-md-dark-spot-corrector
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 11 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 12 Newark to Paris
- 13 Phone SIM
- 14 A June trip to Kauai
- 15 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 16 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 17 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 18 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 19 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 20 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 21 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 22 Napa Valley Hotel
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 25 Southern Michigan vacation destination?