We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/vcor-male-enhancement/
- 2 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 3 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 4 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 5 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 6 Please do not call California, 'Cali' or San Francisco, ' Frisco'. .
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 help me plan a Cali trip
- 9 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 10 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 11 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 12 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 13 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 14 Mesa Verde question
- 15 Planning our Move
- 16 Wilmington DE questions
- 17 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 18 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 19 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 22 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 23 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 24 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 25 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line