We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 2 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 3 US Trip
- 4 flagstaff
- 5 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 6 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 7 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 8 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 10 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 11 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 12 Maui - luau question
- 13 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 14 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 15 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 16 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 17 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 18 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 19 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 20 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 21 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 22 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 23 Bryce and Zion planning
- 24 Country Walkers
- 25 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island