We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 2 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 3 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 4 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 5 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 6 October New England Honeymoon??
- 7 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 8 Zion National Park
- 9 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 10 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 11 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 12 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 13 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 14 What to do in Asheville
- 15 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 16 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 17 Denver to Yellowstone
- 18 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 19 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 20 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 21 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 22 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?
- 23 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 24 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 25 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone