We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 2 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 3 Michigan Workers Compensation Lawyers
- 4 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 5 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 8 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 9 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 10 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 11 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 12 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 13 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 14 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 17 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 18 Help us choose a hotel
- 19 Honeymoon on PCH
- 20 Magic Show
- 21 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 22 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 25 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens