We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 2 Discounted Rental Car?
- 3 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 4 Inexpensive family getaways
- 5 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 6 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 7 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 8 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 9 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 10 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 11 New York best app
- 12 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 13 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 14 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 15 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 16 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 17 Hawaii Cruise
- 18 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 19 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 20 kauai
- 21 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 22 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 23 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 24 First time to Alaska
- 25 Hawaii - where?