We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 2 Rules of the NY Subway
- 3 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 4 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 5 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 6 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 7 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 8 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 9 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 10 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 11 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 12 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 13 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 14 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 15 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 16 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 17 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 18 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 19 sugestions
- 20 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 21 Big Sur Help!!
- 22 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 25 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)