We are planning on driving the PCH between SF and LA in Late August to September this year. We are looking to take about 5 days to do it allowing for a least one day of full on beach!
I have kind of got the first two days sorted
Day 1 - SF to Monterey taking in Carmel and Pebble Beach
Day 2 - Monterey to Cambria taking the whole day to do the "Big Sur" and staying overnight in Cambria or maybe heading down to Santa Maria as a base for the evening as the road heads inland then anyway.
From then on, I would like to head down to the coast and spend the remaining time to get to Santa Monica via Santa Barbara and Malibu.
Do you have any suggestions of good stop off points, particularly on the latter stretch between Santa Maria and Santa Monica? We would like to spend at least one day purely on the beach.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 Relocating?
- 4 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons
- 5 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 6 Virginia Beach/ Before or After Labor Day?
- 7 United Nations tours
- 8 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 9 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 10 September Road Trip in New England
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 12 Road trip October
- 13 NYC with 8 yr old
- 14 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 15 stopping off I 81 South
- 16 2 months in Hawaii!
- 17 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 18 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 19 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 20 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 21 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 22 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 23 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass