So I'm planning a 40th b'day trip - for myself - with my DH and DDs, ages 8 and 10. We'll be going over spring break this April 14 - 22ish. I've planned for 3 nights in SF and then 3 nights in Yosemite (actually, at Yosemite View Lodge in El Portal). We could potentially do 2 additional nights in CA but everywhere sounds so inviting that I'm not sure I'll have the time to research it all. We'd love to see some California coastline and take a walk on the beach...we enjoy nature, wildlife, museums, and the DH digs anything historical. We'll need to stay someplace moderately priced and would prefer to stay in the same place for 2 nights before heading back to SFO for the flight home. Any help narrowing down my options would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 2 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 3 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 4 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 5 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 6 FLL to Key West
- 7 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 8 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 9 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 10 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 11 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 12 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 13 road trip
- 14 New England Road Trip
- 15 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 16 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 17 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 18 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 19 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 20 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 21 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 22 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 23 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 25 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?