My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 2 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 3 JFK to Washington
- 4 About Us
- 5 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 6 Where to live in the North East
- 7 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 8 Houston during hurricane
- 9 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 10 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 11 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 12 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 13 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 14 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 15 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 16 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 17 Maui and Kauai
- 18 Phoenix for the weekend
- 19 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 20 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 21 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 22 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 23 Christmas in Colorado
- 24 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 25 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis