My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 2 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 3 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 4 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 5 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 8 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 9 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 10 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 11 what western states to spend the most time in
- 12 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 13 Kauai in November
- 14 What to do in Portland, Maine
- 15 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 16 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 17 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 18 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 19 10 Days- California during the holidays
- 20 Hawaii - where?
- 21 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 22 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 23 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 24 Little Compton, RI
- 25 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open