My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 2 Weekend in Chicago
- 3 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 6 Places to stay in Skagway
- 7 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 8 US Trip
- 9 flagstaff
- 10 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 11 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 12 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 13 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 Maui - luau question
- 16 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 17 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 18 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 19 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 20 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 21 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 22 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 23 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Bryce and Zion planning