My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
San Francisco, Yosemite, Coastal Road Trip Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 2 Wine Country Picnic
- 3 10 day trip to California
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 6 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 7 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 8 Boston/Fenway park
- 9 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 10 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 11 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 12 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 13 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 14 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 15 Where to go in Maine?
- 16 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 20 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 21 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 22 Sacramento GTG
- 23 Travel West Coast
- 24 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 25 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida