We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 2 Cape Cod
- 3 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 4 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 5 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 6 reliable transportation across florida
- 7 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 8 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 9 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 10 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 11 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 12 Las Vegas loop
- 13 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 14 Redwood National Forest
- 15 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 Uber and Miami
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?