We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in San Diego
- 2 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-xtx/
- 3 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 4 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 5 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 6 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 7 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 8 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 9 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 10 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 11 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 12 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 16 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 17 Oregon road trip
- 18 US Open Tennis
- 19 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 20 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 21 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.
- 22 conflicting restaurant reports
- 23 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 24 South Seattle to Sacrememto via San Fran! Help!
- 25 MOAB NP