We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 2 Redwoods National Park
- 3 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 4 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 5 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 7 Traveling Alone
- 8 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 9 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 10 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 11 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 12 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 13 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 14 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 15 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 18 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 19 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 20 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 21 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 22 Las Vegas Vacation
- 23 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 24 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 25 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?