We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 road trip
- 2 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 3 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 4 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 5 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 6 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 7 FLL to Key West
- 8 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 9 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 10 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 11 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 12 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 13 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 14 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 15 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 16 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 17 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 18 New Itinerary
- 19 Las vegas and nearby
- 20 Cape Cod trip report
- 21 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 22 Napa & Sonoma - Winery Suggestions
- 23 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 24 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 25 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?