We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hack wester union transfer bank transfer paypal transfer
- 2 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 3 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 4 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 5 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 6 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 7 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 8 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 9 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 10 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 11 Northern California Gardens.
- 12 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 13 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 14 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 15 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 16 Florida with a 2 year old
- 17 Train from east cost to west coast
- 18 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 19 Route 66
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 22 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 25 Arches or Zion?