We are staying at a hotel on Lombard Street while visiting San Francisco. We will have a car but have heard that there is a lot of traffic on Lombard Street and in San Francisco in general. Is the traffic really that bad? We will arrive on a Sunday evening (driving in from L.A. ending the first part of our trip), and will have full days on Monday – Friday, then leaving for airport on Saturday. Ideally we would like to drive if traffic will not consume our day and if parking is readily available in the city/ not too expensive. Or, is it better to use public transportation through San Francisco’s ‘MUNI’ transit system? Our thoughts are that if using MUNI, we would prefer using the rail/ subway/ metro option instead of the bus, since the bus will face the same traffic as we would in a car. However, their website seems to indicate that we would still need to use the bus for parts of our route. Any thoughts or tips (can we just walk to most places?) Areas we want to visit are: Golden Gate Bridge/ Marina Bay/ Union Square/ Pier 39/ and possibly Fisherman’s Wharf. Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What is there to do on MAUI
- 2 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 3 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 4 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 5 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 6 Any Sanibel experts?
- 7 Uber boston
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 Hawaii Help
- 10 Summer in Michigan
- 11 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 12 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 13 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 14 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 15 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 16 Rafting the Colorado
- 17 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 18 Glacier National Park
- 19 5 nights stay RMNP
- 20 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 21 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 22 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 23 Traveling in winter
- 24 a short trip to san francisco
- 25 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!