We are planning a trip from Ireland to the West coast in late August / early September. We are in our 40s and are bringing our 16 year old son and 15 year old niece. So far, the best bet flight wise is Dublin - San Francisco return. We have relatives in SF to lodge with during our stay there. My sister lives in Portland OR so that's our next port of call. As we will have luggage for weeks, i reckon that internal flights will hammer us with baggage charges. I'm thinking that our best bet will be to hire a car and drive up, keep the car and drive back down at the end of the trip.
The kids are pretty laid back but not into museums etc. We love wine and food. I'm looking for suggestions for the best route that is both time efficient and fun. I'm thinking of a bit of rafting for the kids - Bend maybe??? I hoped that 3 days and 2 nights up would be enough and 2 days 1 night on the way back.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions / comments you may have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/zygenx/
- 2 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 3 How To Win Lottery System: 5 Secrets
- 4 Christmas in Colorado
- 5 Hawaii and...where?
- 6 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 7 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 8 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 9 Marfa/Big Bend
- 10 usa roadtrip
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 DC Restaurants
- 13 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 14 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 15 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 16 JFK to Washington
- 17 Phoenix for the weekend
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 21 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 22 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 23 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas