We are planning a trip from Ireland to the West coast in late August / early September. We are in our 40s and are bringing our 16 year old son and 15 year old niece. So far, the best bet flight wise is Dublin - San Francisco return. We have relatives in SF to lodge with during our stay there. My sister lives in Portland OR so that's our next port of call. As we will have luggage for weeks, i reckon that internal flights will hammer us with baggage charges. I'm thinking that our best bet will be to hire a car and drive up, keep the car and drive back down at the end of the trip.
The kids are pretty laid back but not into museums etc. We love wine and food. I'm looking for suggestions for the best route that is both time efficient and fun. I'm thinking of a bit of rafting for the kids - Bend maybe??? I hoped that 3 days and 2 nights up would be enough and 2 days 1 night on the way back.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions / comments you may have.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nutrivix-it/
- 2 florida gulf coast
- 3 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 4 Maui, early August
- 5 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 6 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 7 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 8 Road trip advice needed please
- 9 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 10 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 11 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 12 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 13 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 14 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 15 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 16 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 17 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 18 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 19 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 20 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 21 Family Trip advice please?!
- 22 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 23 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 24 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 25 Restaurant Recs in Boston