DH and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip from San Francisco to Portland in late September/mid October. We plan on spending our first night in San Fran before heading over to Sonoma for a day/night. From there we want to take our time getting to Portland. We have up to 6 days with which to explore and would like to travel up the coast taking in as much scenery and excitement as possible. We enjoy nature based activities (hiking, biking, tidal pools, scenic drives, etc. ) and want to make sure we hit all the must-see/do places. We've been reading posts and are trying to plan our trip but aren't sure where to make our overnight stays so that we leave adequate time for stops along the way (i.e how much time do we need for Redwood National Park?). Any advice, suggestions and input is greatly appreciated!
San Francisco to Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations