DH and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip from San Francisco to Portland in late September/mid October. We plan on spending our first night in San Fran before heading over to Sonoma for a day/night. From there we want to take our time getting to Portland. We have up to 6 days with which to explore and would like to travel up the coast taking in as much scenery and excitement as possible. We enjoy nature based activities (hiking, biking, tidal pools, scenic drives, etc. ) and want to make sure we hit all the must-see/do places. We've been reading posts and are trying to plan our trip but aren't sure where to make our overnight stays so that we leave adequate time for stops along the way (i.e how much time do we need for Redwood National Park?). Any advice, suggestions and input is greatly appreciated!
San Francisco to Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 2 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Houston in September
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 6 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 8 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 9 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 10 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 11 Road Trip
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 14 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 15 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 16 Whale watching
- 17 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 18 palm desert, CA
- 19 New York Trip
- 20 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 21 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 22 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia