DH and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip from San Francisco to Portland in late September/mid October. We plan on spending our first night in San Fran before heading over to Sonoma for a day/night. From there we want to take our time getting to Portland. We have up to 6 days with which to explore and would like to travel up the coast taking in as much scenery and excitement as possible. We enjoy nature based activities (hiking, biking, tidal pools, scenic drives, etc. ) and want to make sure we hit all the must-see/do places. We've been reading posts and are trying to plan our trip but aren't sure where to make our overnight stays so that we leave adequate time for stops along the way (i.e how much time do we need for Redwood National Park?). Any advice, suggestions and input is greatly appreciated!
San Francisco to Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington, DC to Boston
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 4 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 San Diego Trip Report
- 9 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 10 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 11 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?