I am reaching San Francisco on Sunday night and plan to go to Los Angeles via Highway 1. I have around 5 days, as am flying back from San Francisco on Friday night, so have to reach back to San Francisco.
I've read a lot about PCH, but havent been on it, so am excited. But am still wondering what should be my plan. Can I cover most scenic spots and reach Los Angeles in a day ? I then plan to spend some time in and around Los Angeles, want to see DisneyLand, Universal Studio and Hollywood (nothing in particular in Hollywood). Also interested in San Diego zoo, but am not sure whether I will have the time. We really like great drives and nature... The plan is to take a flight from Los Angeles on Friday 6 pm to SFO. Or drive to LA and Back by Friday night.
I will be renting a car, please suggest itenerary and good area to stay in/near LA.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 2 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 3 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 4 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 5 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 8 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 9 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 10 Downtown Denver hotel
- 11 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 12 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 13 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 14 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 San Diego VRBO area
- 17 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 18 Glacier National Park 2018
- 19 Muir Woods in October
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 22 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 23 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 24 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 25 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line