We’re an Australian family (two young boys 8yrs and 10yrs) and planning a holiday to the West Coast USA
We’ll be spending a week in LA then driving to SanFrancisco, staying in the bay city for a few days and then heading to Las Vegas. We hope to do the San Francisco to Las Vegas trip over two days with lots of stops and a stay overnight -
would love to hear your thoughts & recommendations of where we should stop and whats the best town to stay overnight?
Also do you think we should visit Grand Canyon before we head to Las Vegas or should we do this as a side trip during our 4 day Las Vegas stay?
Thanks for your help
San Francisco to Las Vegas by car – where to stop?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants