We’re an Australian family (two young boys 8yrs and 10yrs) and planning a holiday to the West Coast USA
We’ll be spending a week in LA then driving to SanFrancisco, staying in the bay city for a few days and then heading to Las Vegas. We hope to do the San Francisco to Las Vegas trip over two days with lots of stops and a stay overnight -
would love to hear your thoughts & recommendations of where we should stop and whats the best town to stay overnight?
Also do you think we should visit Grand Canyon before we head to Las Vegas or should we do this as a side trip during our 4 day Las Vegas stay?
Thanks for your help
San Francisco to Las Vegas by car – where to stop?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?