I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I appreciate this forum and all of the very helpful suggestions in planning a trip. At the last minute, our spring break is open and we are making plans for my husband and I to travel with my son, 14, and daughter, 18 to visit northern California and Oregon the first week of April by flying into San Francisco. We considered flying in to Seattle and Portland but it was very expensive flying from Indiana. San Francisco is more reasonable and is a great destination as our teens have not traveled west of AZ. My son is a huge Oregon fan and we are planning to drive to Eugene to visit the campus. In addition, we would like to see Redwoods; Crater Lake and/or the Oregon coast during the first part of the week and tour San Francisco for a couple of days at the end of the week. We arrive Sat night and are taking a red eye out on Sat night. I know we are trying to cover a lot of beautiful country in a very short amount of time. I appreciate itinerary suggestions and hotels along the way.
San Francisco to Eugene family spring break
- 1 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 2 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 5 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 6 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 7 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 8 A Visit to Charleston
- 9 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 10 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 11 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 12 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 13 Using public transit in San Diego
- 14 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 15 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 16 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 17 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 18 Girls Getaway Suggestions?- Wisconsin Dells
- 19 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 20 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 21 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 22 Lake Tahoe
- 23 Baseball Road Trip
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 Moab and Bluff