I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I appreciate this forum and all of the very helpful suggestions in planning a trip. At the last minute, our spring break is open and we are making plans for my husband and I to travel with my son, 14, and daughter, 18 to visit northern California and Oregon the first week of April by flying into San Francisco. We considered flying in to Seattle and Portland but it was very expensive flying from Indiana. San Francisco is more reasonable and is a great destination as our teens have not traveled west of AZ. My son is a huge Oregon fan and we are planning to drive to Eugene to visit the campus. In addition, we would like to see Redwoods; Crater Lake and/or the Oregon coast during the first part of the week and tour San Francisco for a couple of days at the end of the week. We arrive Sat night and are taking a red eye out on Sat night. I know we are trying to cover a lot of beautiful country in a very short amount of time. I appreciate itinerary suggestions and hotels along the way.
San Francisco to Eugene family spring break
- 1 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 2 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 3 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 4 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 5 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 6 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 7 California, Northern
- 8 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 9 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 10 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 11 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 12 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 13 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 14 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 15 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 16 Seatlle, WA
- 17 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 18 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 19 What are the best activities in Key West?
- 20 Memphis Tours
- 21 Newport, RI Questions
- 22 Meredith New Hampshire
- 23 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 24 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 25 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)