My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 9 Visiting Denver
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 12 NYC theatre broadway
- 13 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 16 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 A day in Dallas
- 19 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 20 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 21 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 22 Door County Suggestions
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 25 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!