My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
View all United States activity »
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 3 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.