My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 2 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 3 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 USA with a 3 year old
- 6 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 9 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 16 Alaska
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 21 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 22 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 23 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 24 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 25 Quiet hotel room in University district?