My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 Kid School Admission
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Mount Vernon?
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 14 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 18 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 19 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 20 Looking for a grave in Plattekill, NY
- 21 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 22 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 25 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?