My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels Philly
- 2 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 3 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 4 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 5 Texas
- 6 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 7 California
- 8 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 9 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 10 Deep South sept 2015
- 11 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 12 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 13 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 14 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 15 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 16 Cross Country RV Trip
- 17 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 18 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 19 Ackislander
- 20 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 21 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 22 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 23 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 24 Northern California in February
- 25 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015