My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 2 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 3 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 4 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 5 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Where to go in Maine?
- 8 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 9 Timeshare Nightmares
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 12 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Boston/Fenway park
- 15 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 16 Sacramento GTG
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 19 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 20 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 21 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 22 Dauphin Island, AL
- 23 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 24 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 25 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?