My husband and I will be traveling to California on Sept. 7 for a week. We will fly into San Francisco and plan to go to Carmel and stop along the way. The goal is to drive that portion of the PCH and stop at different places along the way. We are considering not booking hotels and just playing it by ear for the week, that way we are not on a time limit if we want to stay one place longer than others. Is that feasible? I am a little nervous about not having a plan for where to stay but would love the freedom of living in the moment. I just don't want to have a night where we can't find a place to stay. All comments appreciated.
San Francisco to Carmel w/o hotel reservations
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 5 Breckenridge in October
- 6 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 7 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 8 Chicago Questions
- 9 USA trip
- 10 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 11 NBA tickets??
- 12 Orlando for Work
- 13 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 14 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 charlotte
- 17 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 18 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 19 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 22 camaro hire in waikiki
- 23 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 24 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 25 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope