we (2 adults, 2 children aged 6 and 2 years, the little one is in a baby stroller) are travelling to California next week and are going to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, too.
We have a 31 ft. RV and booked a campgound in Pacifica, south of the city.
Our main sighseeing day in SF will be a Sunday. We want to get downtown as early as possible and return to our campground in the evening.
What ist best for us? To drive into the city and park our RV somewhere (where?), or to use public transportation? We just saw that the only thing near our campground is a bus station, and the whole trip into the city including walking, bus and BART would take over an hour... not very satisfactory.
Thanks for any suggestions!
B & I & L & L (B.I.L.L.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Electrocution Lawyers
- 2 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 5 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 6 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 7 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 8 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 9 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 10 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 11 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 14 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 15 Help us choose a hotel
- 16 Honeymoon on PCH
- 17 Magic Show
- 18 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 19 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 20 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 21 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 22 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 23 Staying outside DC
- 24 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 25 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
San Francisco Parking - 31 ft. RV... / Public Transportation