we (2 adults, 2 children aged 6 and 2 years, the little one is in a baby stroller) are travelling to California next week and are going to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, too.
We have a 31 ft. RV and booked a campgound in Pacifica, south of the city.
Our main sighseeing day in SF will be a Sunday. We want to get downtown as early as possible and return to our campground in the evening.
What ist best for us? To drive into the city and park our RV somewhere (where?), or to use public transportation? We just saw that the only thing near our campground is a bus station, and the whole trip into the city including walking, bus and BART would take over an hour... not very satisfactory.
Thanks for any suggestions!
B & I & L & L (B.I.L.L.)
San Francisco Parking - 31 ft. RV... / Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oahu ideas
- 2 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 3 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 4 Key Largo, FL
- 5 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 6 Death Valley in June
- 7 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 8 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 9 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 10 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 11 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 12 San Diego grocery stores
- 13 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 West Coast Bound End of March
- 17 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 18 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 19 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 20 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 21 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 22 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Best places to move to Florida?