we (2 adults, 2 children aged 6 and 2 years, the little one is in a baby stroller) are travelling to California next week and are going to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, too.
We have a 31 ft. RV and booked a campgound in Pacifica, south of the city.
Our main sighseeing day in SF will be a Sunday. We want to get downtown as early as possible and return to our campground in the evening.
What ist best for us? To drive into the city and park our RV somewhere (where?), or to use public transportation? We just saw that the only thing near our campground is a bus station, and the whole trip into the city including walking, bus and BART would take over an hour... not very satisfactory.
Thanks for any suggestions!
B & I & L & L (B.I.L.L.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville restaurants
- 2 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 3 MO road trip itinerary
- 4 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 5 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 6 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 7 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 8 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 9 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 10 Birthday vacation ideas
- 11 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 12 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 13 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 14 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 15 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 16 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 17 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 18 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 19 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 20 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 21 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 22 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 23 Around New Orleans
- 24 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 25 Visiting New York State
San Francisco Parking - 31 ft. RV... / Public Transportation