we (2 adults, 2 children aged 6 and 2 years, the little one is in a baby stroller) are travelling to California next week and are going to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, too.
We have a 31 ft. RV and booked a campgound in Pacifica, south of the city.
Our main sighseeing day in SF will be a Sunday. We want to get downtown as early as possible and return to our campground in the evening.
What ist best for us? To drive into the city and park our RV somewhere (where?), or to use public transportation? We just saw that the only thing near our campground is a bus station, and the whole trip into the city including walking, bus and BART would take over an hour... not very satisfactory.
Thanks for any suggestions!
B & I & L & L (B.I.L.L.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 2 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 3 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 4 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 5 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 6 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 7 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 8 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 11 Northwest Car Trip
- 12 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 13 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 14 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 15 Northwest Passage
- 16 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 17 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 18 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 19 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 20 Sonoma
- 21 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 23 Alaska cruise
- 24 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 25 101 closure
San Francisco Parking - 31 ft. RV... / Public Transportation