we (2 adults, 2 children aged 6 and 2 years, the little one is in a baby stroller) are travelling to California next week and are going to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, too.
We have a 31 ft. RV and booked a campgound in Pacifica, south of the city.
Our main sighseeing day in SF will be a Sunday. We want to get downtown as early as possible and return to our campground in the evening.
What ist best for us? To drive into the city and park our RV somewhere (where?), or to use public transportation? We just saw that the only thing near our campground is a bus station, and the whole trip into the city including walking, bus and BART would take over an hour... not very satisfactory.
Thanks for any suggestions!
B & I & L & L (B.I.L.L.)
San Francisco Parking - 31 ft. RV... / Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 5 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 6 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Jersey City Parking
- 10 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 13 Travel West Coast
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 16 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 25 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents