we (2 adults, 2 children aged 6 and 2 years, the little one is in a baby stroller) are travelling to California next week and are going to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, too.
We have a 31 ft. RV and booked a campgound in Pacifica, south of the city.
Our main sighseeing day in SF will be a Sunday. We want to get downtown as early as possible and return to our campground in the evening.
What ist best for us? To drive into the city and park our RV somewhere (where?), or to use public transportation? We just saw that the only thing near our campground is a bus station, and the whole trip into the city including walking, bus and BART would take over an hour... not very satisfactory.
Thanks for any suggestions!
B & I & L & L (B.I.L.L.)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Novel in Progress
- 2 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 5 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 6 Short Notice
- 7 Inn at Key West
- 8 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 9 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 10 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 11 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 12 Black History Museum
- 13 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 14 Another Great DC Trip
- 15 Chicago 2017
- 16 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 17 arizona rte 66
- 18 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 19 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 20 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 21 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 22 usa roadtrip
- 23 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 24 Where to live in the North East
- 25 Hawaii and...where?
San Francisco Parking - 31 ft. RV... / Public Transportation