Next May we will make our first visit to San Francisco as tourists. We will rent an apartment thru VRBO or equivalent for 3-4 days before renting a car and driving to Yosemite. We are looking for advice on a San Francisco neighborhood or area on which to focus our search for accommodation. Our interests include museums, interesting walks (views, history, architecture), water views and/or proximity to water. While in the city, we will not have a car. We are very active seniors. Thanks in advance for your help.
San Francisco Neighborhood Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Backpacking in April
- 2 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 3 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 4 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 7 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 8 Four days in DC
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 11 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 12 3 nights in Nashville
- 13 One Night at Logan Airport
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Please help with itinerary
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Circle Oahu / luau
- 21 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 24 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 25 Visiting Paso Robles wine country