Next May we will make our first visit to San Francisco as tourists. We will rent an apartment thru VRBO or equivalent for 3-4 days before renting a car and driving to Yosemite. We are looking for advice on a San Francisco neighborhood or area on which to focus our search for accommodation. Our interests include museums, interesting walks (views, history, architecture), water views and/or proximity to water. While in the city, we will not have a car. We are very active seniors. Thanks in advance for your help.
San Francisco Neighborhood Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dont rent a car from Buchbinder car rental if you go Europe
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 6 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 7 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 12 General Utah planning questions
- 13 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 14 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 15 Maui Luau?
- 16 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 19 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 20 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 21 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Boston area -- nature
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)