Im wanting to know where on the Marin Headlands does most everyone go to, to snap that iconic photo shot that shows the Golden Gate Bridge in the immediate foreground, the San Francisco skyline in the background, and Ocean Beach/Pacific Coastline in the distance to the immediate west. Ive seen many pictures of it online..it has a wooden bench to sit down at, there is a small wired fence in front of that wooden bench, and the area isnt paved under the bench..instead just dirt. any idea what im talking about? what is this spot called and how would I specifically access it? by walking? how far can Muni get me to that spot? is it available at all times day or night? ive read that the area closes at dusk,..but in constrast to that, ive seen plenty of night photos of that area being taken..how is that possible??
San Francisco: need to identify this location on the Marin Headlands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut River Byway
- 2 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 3 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 4 San Diego farmer's markets
- 5 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 6 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 7 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 8 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 9 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 10 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 drive from SF to crater lake
- 13 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 14 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 15 moving to florida
- 16 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 17 Hotel near Miami airport
- 18 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 19 Santa Barbara, California
- 20 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 21 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 22 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 23 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 24 culpepper
- 25 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?