Im wanting to know where on the Marin Headlands does most everyone go to, to snap that iconic photo shot that shows the Golden Gate Bridge in the immediate foreground, the San Francisco skyline in the background, and Ocean Beach/Pacific Coastline in the distance to the immediate west. Ive seen many pictures of it online..it has a wooden bench to sit down at, there is a small wired fence in front of that wooden bench, and the area isnt paved under the bench..instead just dirt. any idea what im talking about? what is this spot called and how would I specifically access it? by walking? how far can Muni get me to that spot? is it available at all times day or night? ive read that the area closes at dusk,..but in constrast to that, ive seen plenty of night photos of that area being taken..how is that possible??
San Francisco: need to identify this location on the Marin Headlands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 New York City Christmas Trip
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 6 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 From Seattle airport to the city
- 9 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 10 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 11 Colorado Skiing
- 12 American Honeymoon in March
- 13 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 14 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 15 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 18 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 19 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 20 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 23 Middle America in October
- 24 visit to HIghLine
- 25 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live