My husband and I are planning our first trip to California in September. We are flying into San Francisco and our plan is to spend the first three nights in San Francisco, drive to Monterey for two nights, then drive to Sonoma / Napa area from Monterey for two days /nights to visit a couple of wineries..We plan to drive back to SF for the eighth night to catch our flight home. Do you think this is too much area to cover in eight days? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
San Francisco, Monterey and Sonoma itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 4 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 5 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 6 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 7 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 8 California road trip
- 9 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 10 Seattle Hyatts
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 13 San Diego - wher to stay
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 16 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 17 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 18 Berkshires in late October
- 19 2 day in Adirondack park
- 20 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 24 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 25 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL