My family and I (two children, aged 15 and 12) are hoping to plan an August trip to California. I am in the initial stages of planning and wanted to get some general feedback about how much time we should allot for each section of the trip. Does it make sense to do it in this order? I thought about 2 1/2 weeks total.
Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I have been to San Francisco and he to Lake Tahoe. We have not been to Yosemite or Monterey.
san francisco-lake tahoe-yosemite-monterey-workable itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 2 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 3 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 4 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 5 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 6 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 7 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Re-Visit DC
- 11 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 14 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 15 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 16 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 17 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 18 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 19 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 20 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 21 2 day in Adirondack park
- 22 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 23 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street
- 24 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 25 Itinerary suggestion needed for DC