I'm looking for an SF hotel for late next week through the weekend and the prices look pretty steep. Is there something going on?
The rack rates for hotels near the airport look like $150 and up, while the 4* hotels near Union Square are over $300 on Priceline Express and Hotwire.
Perhaps I should think about airbnb, but I've never used it and I don't really have any time to learn it right now. I think that I'd prefer to have a private apartment anyway, and it looks like this would be $200 and up anyway.
What about Priceline? Is $200 + tax achievable or is that too optimistic? Any other suggestions? I think that I want to stick to $200 + tax for my budget, but I fear I may have to go higher.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 2 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 3 DC Metro to other sites?
- 4 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 5 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 6 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 7 Cleveland West Side Market
- 8 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 9 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 10 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 11 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 12 DC Hotel location help
- 13 Dinosaur National Monument
- 14 Eastern Seaboard
- 15 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 16 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 17 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 18 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 20 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 21 Miami airport--safety??
- 22 Zurich airport connections
- 23 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 24 Recent Spam Attacks
- 25 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown