I'm looking for an SF hotel for late next week through the weekend and the prices look pretty steep. Is there something going on?
The rack rates for hotels near the airport look like $150 and up, while the 4* hotels near Union Square are over $300 on Priceline Express and Hotwire.
Perhaps I should think about airbnb, but I've never used it and I don't really have any time to learn it right now. I think that I'd prefer to have a private apartment anyway, and it looks like this would be $200 and up anyway.
What about Priceline? Is $200 + tax achievable or is that too optimistic? Any other suggestions? I think that I want to stick to $200 + tax for my budget, but I fear I may have to go higher.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://phytolyft.com/gieovie-cream/
- 2 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 3 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 4 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 5 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 6 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 7 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 8 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 9 Boston Ideas
- 10 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 11 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 12 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 13 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 14 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 15 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 16 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 17 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 18 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 19 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 20 Lake Champlain, VT
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 23 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 24 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 25 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown