I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California RV baby and child seats
- 2 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 3 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 Touring Hearst Castle
- 7 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 8 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 9 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 10 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 11 car rentals in San Diego
- 12 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 13 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 14 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 15 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 16 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 17 Angels Landing
- 18 First time visit to California
- 19 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 20 NY State Assembly Internship
- 21 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 22 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 23 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 24 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 25 San Francisco