I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acadia National Park
- 2 Traveling with an infant
- 3 http://www.garciniacambogialean.com/bisou-ageless-moisturizer
- 4 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 5 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 6 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 7 http://www.thecrazymass.com/trinoxid/
- 8 Birthday vacation ideas
- 9 http://getbodybuildingbuilder.com/muscle-rev-extreme/
- 10 http://getbodybuildingbuilder.com/muscle-rev-extreme/
- 11 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/ultra-forskolin-reviews/
- 12 http://www.healthbeautyfacts.com/breast-actives-reviews/
- 13 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/testo-vital
- 14 http://getbodybuildingbuilder.com/muscle-rev-extreme/
- 15 http://newhealthsupplement.com/nitronos-x/
- 16 Kauai helicopter flight
- 17 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/skin-complex-rx/
- 18 Colorado Hiking in September
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 21 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 22 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 23 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 24 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 25 Seeking Advice/Itineraries