I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 2 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 3 Florida Beach Hotel
- 4 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 5 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 6 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 7 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Hamilton Broadway
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 12 Washington DC with kids
- 13 My road trip through southern US.
- 14 Late night eating in Kauai
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 Florida Nature Trip
- 17 help from a true New Yorker.
- 18 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 19 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?