I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key West luxury hotels
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Wine Country
- 4 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 5 Nashville Never Been
- 6 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 7 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 8 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 9 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 10 Florida beach vacation
- 11 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 12 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 13 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 14 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 15 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 16 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 19 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 20 I95
- 21 Rafting the Colorado
- 22 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 23 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 New York City - Wasington February 2017