I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 2 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 3 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 4 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 5 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 6 Please do not call California, 'Cali' or San Francisco, ' Frisco'. .
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 help me plan a Cali trip
- 9 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 10 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 11 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 12 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 13 Mesa Verde question
- 14 Planning our Move
- 15 Wilmington DE questions
- 16 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 18 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 19 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 20 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 21 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 22 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 23 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 24 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 25 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points