I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 2 Shenandoah National park
- 3 Dinner in Anchorage
- 4 Road trip this summer from Phoenix to Yellowstone
- 5 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 6 Arizona PHX car rental
- 7 New York City Hotels: Times Square vs. Financial District
- 8 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 9 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 10 California & Oregon National Parks touir
- 11 Things to do in NYC
- 12 BBQ
- 13 No Proper Response From Etihad after losing luggage
- 14 Niagara Falls to Ithaca
- 15 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 16 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 17 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 18 Stay in Sonoma, but want to hang in San Francisco.
- 19 Sandford Airport
- 20 Upcoming Alaska Trip
- 21 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 22 One week August Pacific Northwest or British Columbia
- 23 Considering a move to Raleigh or Charlotte
- 24 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 25 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!