I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
San Fran with a 1 year old short stay
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting to Key West
- 2 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 3 New Orleans Motel Question
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 7 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 11 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 12 Happy Hour
- 13 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 14 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 15 road trip Houston-NJ
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 18 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 24 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 25 Portsmouth NH to NYC