I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 2 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 3 costco Big island
- 4 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 5 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 6 Layover
- 7 Seattle?
- 8 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 9 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 12 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 13 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 14 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 15 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 16 November redwoods trip
- 17 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 18 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 19 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 20 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 21 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 22 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 23 Wedding gifts?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 My Avis/kona rental experience