I have done a fair amount of research and it seems SF is hilly but fairly accessible with various transport options.
So, we have a budget of around £100 ($160) per night, there are 2 adults and a 18 month old. We arrive from the UK into SF and stay 2 nights before heading off in a camper for a week to explore Yosemite, Lake Tahoe etc.
We then return for 1 night before flying to Miami for a week on the beach.
We arrive in the evening so have 1 1/2 days at the start of the trip and 1 day at the end to explore SF.
Here is my dilemma. As Alcatraz trips leave from fishermans wharf area (we would like to do trip) and we collect our camper from there should we stay in fishermans wharf even though we are told there are nicer areas with more reasonable accommodation and better food due to our short stay. Or should we instead stay elsewhere, union square or other and travel to the wharf. Our 18month old does walk but would struggle with hills and is distracted by everyone and everything so going is slow! but we could bring a stroller?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wristbands
- 2 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 3 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 4 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 5 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/xtrasize-male-enhancement/
- 6 Your favourite places in New York City
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 9 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 10 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 11 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 12 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 13 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 14 Niagara Falls.
- 15 A June trip to Kauai
- 16 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 17 Trip Starting from New York
- 18 road trip during husbands bday
- 19 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 22 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 23 1st trip to Colorado
- 24 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 25 Limited time on Maui: Advice please