Me and my family are planning (mum, dad, my sister, me) visiting the US this summer (most of us for the first time) and taking as many of the major southern west coast sights as we can in 2 weeks or just over. I would really appreciate some comments regarding a possible route:
Los Angeles (3 nights) then to Phoenix
Length (miles): 374.4, about 5.5hours
Phoenix(1 night) then to the Grand Canyon (Flagstaff?)
Length (miles): 146.3, about 2.25hours
Grand Canyon (2 nights) then to Monument Valley
Length (miles): 198.1, about 3.75 hours
Monument Valley (1 night) then to Bryce Canyon)
Length (miles): 301.3, about 5.5 hours
Bryce Canyon (1 night) then to Zion
Length (miles): 86.3, about 1.75 hours
Zion to Las Vegas (2 nights)
Length (miles): 163.8, about 2.6 hours
Las Vegas to Sequoia National Park (via Death Valley)(1 night)
Length (miles): 132.5, 2hours to Death Valley then 340miles and 6 hours Sequoia National Park to Yosemite (2 nights)
Length (miles): 138.1, 2.5 hours Yosemite to San Francisco (3 nights)
Length (miles): 199.4, 3.5 hours
San Francisco to Los Angeles (1 night) Length (miles): 383.1, 5.5 hours
I'm pretty certain it's attempting wayyy too much. E.g I would really like to spend a few days in San Fransisco and also visit the coast, Monteray bay. ect.
If anyone has any comments, suggestions, can tell me if it's too ambitious ect. please let me know!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 2 Wilmington DE questions
- 3 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 4 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 5 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 6 Planning our Move
- 7 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 8 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 9 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 10 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 11 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 12 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 13 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 14 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 15 Hotel advise Chicago
- 16 Maui and Kauai
- 17 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 18 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 19 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 20 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 21 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 22 Trip to Cali
- 23 NYC Hotel Decision
- 24 NFL tickets
- 25 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim