Me and my family are planning (mum, dad, my sister, me) visiting the US this summer (most of us for the first time) and taking as many of the major southern west coast sights as we can in 2 weeks or just over. I would really appreciate some comments regarding a possible route:
Los Angeles (3 nights) then to Phoenix
Length (miles): 374.4, about 5.5hours
Phoenix(1 night) then to the Grand Canyon (Flagstaff?)
Length (miles): 146.3, about 2.25hours
Grand Canyon (2 nights) then to Monument Valley
Length (miles): 198.1, about 3.75 hours
Monument Valley (1 night) then to Bryce Canyon)
Length (miles): 301.3, about 5.5 hours
Bryce Canyon (1 night) then to Zion
Length (miles): 86.3, about 1.75 hours
Zion to Las Vegas (2 nights)
Length (miles): 163.8, about 2.6 hours
Las Vegas to Sequoia National Park (via Death Valley)(1 night)
Length (miles): 132.5, 2hours to Death Valley then 340miles and 6 hours Sequoia National Park to Yosemite (2 nights)
Length (miles): 138.1, 2.5 hours Yosemite to San Francisco (3 nights)
Length (miles): 199.4, 3.5 hours
San Francisco to Los Angeles (1 night) Length (miles): 383.1, 5.5 hours
I'm pretty certain it's attempting wayyy too much. E.g I would really like to spend a few days in San Fransisco and also visit the coast, Monteray bay. ect.
If anyone has any comments, suggestions, can tell me if it's too ambitious ect. please let me know!
Thanks a lot!
San Fran - Vegas - LA - roadtrip tips
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels Philly
- 2 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 3 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 6 Green Flea in NYC
- 7 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 8 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 9 Orlando in March
- 10 New England September
- 11 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 14 Cross Country RV Trip
- 15 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 18 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 19 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 22 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 23 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 24 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ