Me and my family are planning (mum, dad, my sister, me) visiting the US this summer (most of us for the first time) and taking as many of the major southern west coast sights as we can in 2 weeks or just over. I would really appreciate some comments regarding a possible route:
Los Angeles (3 nights) then to Phoenix
Length (miles): 374.4, about 5.5hours
Phoenix(1 night) then to the Grand Canyon (Flagstaff?)
Length (miles): 146.3, about 2.25hours
Grand Canyon (2 nights) then to Monument Valley
Length (miles): 198.1, about 3.75 hours
Monument Valley (1 night) then to Bryce Canyon)
Length (miles): 301.3, about 5.5 hours
Bryce Canyon (1 night) then to Zion
Length (miles): 86.3, about 1.75 hours
Zion to Las Vegas (2 nights)
Length (miles): 163.8, about 2.6 hours
Las Vegas to Sequoia National Park (via Death Valley)(1 night)
Length (miles): 132.5, 2hours to Death Valley then 340miles and 6 hours Sequoia National Park to Yosemite (2 nights)
Length (miles): 138.1, 2.5 hours Yosemite to San Francisco (3 nights)
Length (miles): 199.4, 3.5 hours
San Francisco to Los Angeles (1 night) Length (miles): 383.1, 5.5 hours
I'm pretty certain it's attempting wayyy too much. E.g I would really like to spend a few days in San Fransisco and also visit the coast, Monteray bay. ect.
If anyone has any comments, suggestions, can tell me if it's too ambitious ect. please let me know!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 2 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 3 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 4 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 5 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 6 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 8 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 9 flagstaff
- 10 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 11 US Trip
- 12 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 13 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 14 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 15 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 16 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 17 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 18 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 21 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 22 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 23 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 24 Austin, Hotel
- 25 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano