I'm brazillian and my wife and I want to travel from San Diego to San Francisco on early November.
We are planning to make it in 2 1/2 days. We know it would be better to spend more time, but that's the time we have, unfortunately.
I've read many posts on this site about this route, but since most of them consider a longer trip, we're not so sure about what would be best for such a short stay.
Our plan is:
Day 1: Leave San Diego early in the morning, about 7:30am. I guess we would arrive in LA around 10:00am (is it possible?). Then, we would leave LA at about 3pm to Santa Barbara, and arrive there around 5pm (is it possible?). Considering we would only have 5 hours in LA, what would be the best things to do within this period??
Day 2: Leave Santa Barbara early in the morning, around 8:30am and get to Hearst Castle about 11:30am. After visiting the Hearst Castle, I intend to leave there about 2pm (are 2 1/2 hours enough to visit it??) and get to Monterey at about 5pm. Stop to visit the famous Aquarium then go to Carmel in the evening and sleep there.
Day 3: Leave Carmel at about 9am and arrive at SFO about 11:30am.
Is it possible? How can I make the best in this short period?
What can't I miss in LA within the 5 hours we'll have?
Is it possible to stay the whole time in the Highway 1 for this journey or should I get 101 on some path?
Thanks a lot, Guilherme
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.seremolynbuy.com/liftesse/
- 2 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 3 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 4 Alcatrez sold out
- 5 Top 5 Places To Visit When In Florida
- 6 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 7 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 8 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 9 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 10 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 11 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 12 Maine weather and temps
- 13 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 14 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 15 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 16 Need help planning....
- 17 L.A. and Sequoia
- 18 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 19 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 20 Week motorcycle ride
- 21 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 22 Broadway
- 23 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 24 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 25 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!