I'm brazillian and my wife and I want to travel from San Diego to San Francisco on early November.
We are planning to make it in 2 1/2 days. We know it would be better to spend more time, but that's the time we have, unfortunately.
I've read many posts on this site about this route, but since most of them consider a longer trip, we're not so sure about what would be best for such a short stay.
Our plan is:
Day 1: Leave San Diego early in the morning, about 7:30am. I guess we would arrive in LA around 10:00am (is it possible?). Then, we would leave LA at about 3pm to Santa Barbara, and arrive there around 5pm (is it possible?). Considering we would only have 5 hours in LA, what would be the best things to do within this period??
Day 2: Leave Santa Barbara early in the morning, around 8:30am and get to Hearst Castle about 11:30am. After visiting the Hearst Castle, I intend to leave there about 2pm (are 2 1/2 hours enough to visit it??) and get to Monterey at about 5pm. Stop to visit the famous Aquarium then go to Carmel in the evening and sleep there.
Day 3: Leave Carmel at about 9am and arrive at SFO about 11:30am.
Is it possible? How can I make the best in this short period?
What can't I miss in LA within the 5 hours we'll have?
Is it possible to stay the whole time in the Highway 1 for this journey or should I get 101 on some path?
Thanks a lot, Guilherme
San Diego to San Francisco in 2 1/2 days
- 1 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 2 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 3 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 4 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 5 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 8 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 9 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 10 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 11 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 12 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 13 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 14 Michigan Beaches
- 15 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 Middlebury vt quickie
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 19 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 SW Utah
- 22 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 23 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 24 Help Create a Memory in Michigan
- 25 surfing in San Diego