I'm brazillian and my wife and I want to travel from San Diego to San Francisco on early November.
We are planning to make it in 2 1/2 days. We know it would be better to spend more time, but that's the time we have, unfortunately.
I've read many posts on this site about this route, but since most of them consider a longer trip, we're not so sure about what would be best for such a short stay.
Our plan is:
Day 1: Leave San Diego early in the morning, about 7:30am. I guess we would arrive in LA around 10:00am (is it possible?). Then, we would leave LA at about 3pm to Santa Barbara, and arrive there around 5pm (is it possible?). Considering we would only have 5 hours in LA, what would be the best things to do within this period??
Day 2: Leave Santa Barbara early in the morning, around 8:30am and get to Hearst Castle about 11:30am. After visiting the Hearst Castle, I intend to leave there about 2pm (are 2 1/2 hours enough to visit it??) and get to Monterey at about 5pm. Stop to visit the famous Aquarium then go to Carmel in the evening and sleep there.
Day 3: Leave Carmel at about 9am and arrive at SFO about 11:30am.
Is it possible? How can I make the best in this short period?
What can't I miss in LA within the 5 hours we'll have?
Is it possible to stay the whole time in the Highway 1 for this journey or should I get 101 on some path?
Thanks a lot, Guilherme
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 오리지날릴게임손오공 ≪ 접속주소 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 3 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 4 Sonoma
- 5 Northwest Passage
- 6 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 7 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 8 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 9 Alaska cruise
- 10 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 13 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 14 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 15 101 closure
- 16 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 17 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 18 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 25 New Orleans