I'm brazillian and my wife and I want to travel from San Diego to San Francisco on early November.
We are planning to make it in 2 1/2 days. We know it would be better to spend more time, but that's the time we have, unfortunately.
I've read many posts on this site about this route, but since most of them consider a longer trip, we're not so sure about what would be best for such a short stay.
Our plan is:
Day 1: Leave San Diego early in the morning, about 7:30am. I guess we would arrive in LA around 10:00am (is it possible?). Then, we would leave LA at about 3pm to Santa Barbara, and arrive there around 5pm (is it possible?). Considering we would only have 5 hours in LA, what would be the best things to do within this period??
Day 2: Leave Santa Barbara early in the morning, around 8:30am and get to Hearst Castle about 11:30am. After visiting the Hearst Castle, I intend to leave there about 2pm (are 2 1/2 hours enough to visit it??) and get to Monterey at about 5pm. Stop to visit the famous Aquarium then go to Carmel in the evening and sleep there.
Day 3: Leave Carmel at about 9am and arrive at SFO about 11:30am.
Is it possible? How can I make the best in this short period?
What can't I miss in LA within the 5 hours we'll have?
Is it possible to stay the whole time in the Highway 1 for this journey or should I get 101 on some path?
Thanks a lot, Guilherme
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 2 Phone SIM
- 3 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 4 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 5 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 6 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 7 New England Canada Road Trip
- 8 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 9 Trip Starting from New York
- 10 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 11 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 12 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 13 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 14 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 15 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 16 A day in Boston
- 17 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 18 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 Newport , RI
- 21 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 22 Nilichik Ak.
- 23 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 24 Las vegas +21
- 25 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part