I am attending a conference in San Diego in June and want to head north on a road trip afterward. I will have two full days, leaving early on the first day and flying out on a red eye out of LAX on the second day. Is it realistic to drive all the way up to Hearst Castle, go on a tour on the following morning and get back to LAX that evening? I like taking detours along the way and don't want to feel strapped for time. What makes the most sense?
San Diego to Hearst Castle
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Seattle Transportation??
- 3 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 4 Advice on Roadtrip
- 5 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 6 Cabin in Asheville area
- 7 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 8 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 9 Zion the narrows
- 10 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 11 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 12 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 13 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 14 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 15 New England Family Trip - August
- 16 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 17 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 18 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 19 Cell phone service in Moab
- 20 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 21 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 22 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 23 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 24 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 25 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?