DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 premiere-wa-tch-the-walking-dead-season-7-episode-1
- 2 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/brick-muscle/
- 3 http://fitnesseducations.com/derma-active/
- 4 http://www.menshealthsupplement.info/ion-z-brain/
- 5 DC restaurant report
- 6 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 7 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 8 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 9 Neue Galerie
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 12 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 13 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 14 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 15 Arizona in winter
- 16 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 17 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 18 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 19 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 20 Arizona in late January
- 21 A Few Days in Asheville
- 22 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 23 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 24 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 25 Key West