DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favourite places in New York City
- 2 Trip Starting from New York
- 3 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 4 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 5 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 6 Grand Teton Questions
- 7 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 8 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 9 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 10 Grand American Road Trip!
- 11 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 12 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 13 Rules of the Subway
- 14 Grand Teton Questuons
- 15 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 16 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 17 Visiting Seattle and Vancouver, BC in August, 2016
- 18 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 19 Mini Trip Report: Vegas in June-- HOT HOT HOT
- 20 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 21 Mystic CT
- 22 Alabama trip in Dec
- 23 Las vegas +21
- 24 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 25 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem