DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 2 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Santa Fe Itineray
- 5 Big Sure in June
- 6 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 7 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 8 best health clubs with lap pools
- 9 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 10 Retiring to Tucson
- 11 universal studios and disney
- 12 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 13 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 14 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 15 Arches Devils Garden
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 18 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 19 Savannah hotel
- 20 Utah National Parks visit
- 21 marriot cypress harbour
- 22 Hotel in Reno
- 23 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 24 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 25 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning