DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 2 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 3 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 5 Santa Fe Itineray
- 6 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 7 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 8 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 9 Quick road trip
- 10 What to request?
- 11 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 12 How much cash do you travel with?
- 13 Miami for 2 days
- 14 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 15 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 16 Oregon Coast road trip
- 17 More problems for Big Sur
- 18 Great Falls or Helena?
- 19 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 20 Boston area hotels
- 21 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 22 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 23 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 24 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 25 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)