DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco first visit.
- 2 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 3 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 4 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 7 I95
- 8 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 9 Hawaii Help
- 10 Renting a car with DWAI
- 11 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 12 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 13 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 14 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 15 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 16 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 17 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 18 Yellowstone in early May
- 19 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 20 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 21 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 22 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 23 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 24 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 25 Park City- handicapped