DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safety Concerns
- 2 help from a true New Yorker.
- 3 Washington DC with kids
- 4 Alaska -public transport
- 5 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 6 Alaska independent tour for group
- 7 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 8 Hamilton Broadway
- 9 Google sniper 3.0 review
- 10 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 17 Trip to northern California
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 First Trip to Texas -
- 20 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 21 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 22 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 23 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 24 Sedona for a Month
- 25 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June