DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 2 VTL Male Enhancement–Fast Acting Blood Flow Booster
- 3 Maui and Kauai
- 4 Hello
- 5 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 6 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 7 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 8 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 9 Hotel advise Chicago
- 10 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 11 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 14 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 15 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 16 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 17 Trip to Cali
- 18 NYC Hotel Decision
- 19 NFL tickets
- 20 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 21 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 22 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 Three days in Kauai