DH and I are planning a trip for Oct this year to drive down Hwy 1 from San Jose (home) to San Diego.
Plan to stay 2 nights Pismo Beach (never been there), we’re looking at The SeaVenture.
Then 3 or 4 nights in Carlsbad at Beach Terrace Inn. We want to stay ocean/beach side in both places.
Then I was thinking of staying 2 nights actually IN San Diego but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out where….Mission Bay area, Gas Lamp area, or???
We’re seniors so really don’t need nightlife or a wild party atmosphere. Any suggestions as to location?
Would love it if I could find a place w/free parking and maybe even free breakfast. The more I read about the various areas the more confused I get. So many have negative or mixed comments about each area.
I guess I should ask “where would your grandparents (who are still relatively active) like to stay?”
My price range is $200/night +/_
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 2 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 3 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 4 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 5 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 8 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 9 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 10 First Time to California
- 11 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 12 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 13 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 14 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 15 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 16 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 17 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 18 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 19 Angels Landing
- 20 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 21 San Francisco and Napa
- 22 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 23 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 25 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?