I'll be in San Antonio next Saturday morning through Monday (Labor Day) evening. I'm interested in art museums/galleries mainly. I plan to definitely do the following:
RiverWalk - Maybe Monday?
San Fernando Cathedral (Saturday or Sunday)
RiverCenter Mall - Saturday
The Alamo (Monday)
San Antonio Museum of Art (perhaps Sunday morning since is free)
Briscoe Museum (maybe Sunday)
McNay Art Museum (uber, probably Saturday)
Tower of the Americas - probably just a cocktail
Although I usually love gardens and parks, I'd plan to avoid them due to the heat. I'd also probably not have time for the other missions.
Any other must-dos? Restaurant suggestions ( I like Tex-Mex/Mexican, American, French, Seafood, and Italian) on or near Rivercenter/Riverwalk? I'll be staying at Marriott Rivercenter.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 2 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 3 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 4 Vancouver to Washington State
- 5 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 6 Glacier National Park 2018
- 7 Rhode Island Get Away
- 8 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 9 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 10 Adirondacks trip repot
- 11 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 12 New England Tour
- 13 Carmel CA lodging
- 14 Driving CA 395
- 15 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 16 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 17 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 18 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 19 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 20 Maui and Kauai
- 21 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 22 Hawaii wedding
- 23 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition