We're planning on staying at the Iberville Suites in New Orleans for a few days and renting a car for one of those days to take a side trip to a plantation and/or swamp. We'd rather rent a car for a day for more flexibility in our schedule than take one of those tours/tour buses where they pick you up at your hotel. I searched for a car rental company nearby the hotel and saw there's a Budget rental car office a few blocks north on Canal Street (just north of Rampart). It looks like about a 10 minute walk if we'd want to pick up a car just for one day. However, I've read a couple of posts here regarding Canal Street being at the western edge of the safer area of the FQ, and to avoid anything north of Rampart. Is it advisable to NOT walk that stretch from the hotel to the Budget office? It would be during the day, so does it make any difference? Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle service within a certain radius around the hotel that could transport us to Budget instead of us walking? Or do I simply have no reason to worry and it should be safe?
Safety/walking along Canal Street in New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015