We're planning on staying at the Iberville Suites in New Orleans for a few days and renting a car for one of those days to take a side trip to a plantation and/or swamp. We'd rather rent a car for a day for more flexibility in our schedule than take one of those tours/tour buses where they pick you up at your hotel. I searched for a car rental company nearby the hotel and saw there's a Budget rental car office a few blocks north on Canal Street (just north of Rampart). It looks like about a 10 minute walk if we'd want to pick up a car just for one day. However, I've read a couple of posts here regarding Canal Street being at the western edge of the safer area of the FQ, and to avoid anything north of Rampart. Is it advisable to NOT walk that stretch from the hotel to the Budget office? It would be during the day, so does it make any difference? Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle service within a certain radius around the hotel that could transport us to Budget instead of us walking? Or do I simply have no reason to worry and it should be safe?
Safety/walking along Canal Street in New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 2 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 3 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 6 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 7 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 8 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 9 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 10 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 11 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 12 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 13 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 14 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 15 best of yellowstone
- 16 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 17 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 18 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 19 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 22 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 23 Vegas hotels for families
- 24 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 25 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?