We're planning on staying at the Iberville Suites in New Orleans for a few days and renting a car for one of those days to take a side trip to a plantation and/or swamp. We'd rather rent a car for a day for more flexibility in our schedule than take one of those tours/tour buses where they pick you up at your hotel. I searched for a car rental company nearby the hotel and saw there's a Budget rental car office a few blocks north on Canal Street (just north of Rampart). It looks like about a 10 minute walk if we'd want to pick up a car just for one day. However, I've read a couple of posts here regarding Canal Street being at the western edge of the safer area of the FQ, and to avoid anything north of Rampart. Is it advisable to NOT walk that stretch from the hotel to the Budget office? It would be during the day, so does it make any difference? Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle service within a certain radius around the hotel that could transport us to Budget instead of us walking? Or do I simply have no reason to worry and it should be safe?
Safety/walking along Canal Street in New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 5 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 6 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 7 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 10 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 11 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 12 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 15 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 16 Richmond highlights?
- 17 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 18 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 19 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 22 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 23 Washington DC in Spring?
- 24 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 25 montana vs ft nelson bc area