We're planning on staying at the Iberville Suites in New Orleans for a few days and renting a car for one of those days to take a side trip to a plantation and/or swamp. We'd rather rent a car for a day for more flexibility in our schedule than take one of those tours/tour buses where they pick you up at your hotel. I searched for a car rental company nearby the hotel and saw there's a Budget rental car office a few blocks north on Canal Street (just north of Rampart). It looks like about a 10 minute walk if we'd want to pick up a car just for one day. However, I've read a couple of posts here regarding Canal Street being at the western edge of the safer area of the FQ, and to avoid anything north of Rampart. Is it advisable to NOT walk that stretch from the hotel to the Budget office? It would be during the day, so does it make any difference? Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle service within a certain radius around the hotel that could transport us to Budget instead of us walking? Or do I simply have no reason to worry and it should be safe?
Safety/walking along Canal Street in New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 3 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 4 Boston suggestions
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 6 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 7 Looking for Next Destination
- 8 Tucson area flooding
- 9 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 10 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 11 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 12 West Coast Road Trip
- 13 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 14 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 15 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 16 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 17 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 18 first time in AZ
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 23 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 24 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 25 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice