We're planning on staying at the Iberville Suites in New Orleans for a few days and renting a car for one of those days to take a side trip to a plantation and/or swamp. We'd rather rent a car for a day for more flexibility in our schedule than take one of those tours/tour buses where they pick you up at your hotel. I searched for a car rental company nearby the hotel and saw there's a Budget rental car office a few blocks north on Canal Street (just north of Rampart). It looks like about a 10 minute walk if we'd want to pick up a car just for one day. However, I've read a couple of posts here regarding Canal Street being at the western edge of the safer area of the FQ, and to avoid anything north of Rampart. Is it advisable to NOT walk that stretch from the hotel to the Budget office? It would be during the day, so does it make any difference? Does anyone know if the hotel has a shuttle service within a certain radius around the hotel that could transport us to Budget instead of us walking? Or do I simply have no reason to worry and it should be safe?
Safety/walking along Canal Street in New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help