Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 2 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 3 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 4 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 5 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 6 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 7 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 8 new york subway help please
- 9 NYC hotel/July
- 10 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 11 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 12 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 13 NYC with my 13 year old
- 14 Las Vegas must sees
- 15 Girls' Getaway
- 16 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 17 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 18 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 19 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 22 Florida SunPass mini-transponder
- 23 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 24 California: Getty museum
- 25 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)