Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 2 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 3 Quick Trip to NYC
- 4 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 5 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 8 San Francisco - mid October
- 9 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 10 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 11 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 12 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 13 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 14 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 15 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 16 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Road trip itinerary
- 19 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 20 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 21 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 24 Vegas hotels for families
- 25 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER