Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 14 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 15 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Asheville NC without a car
- 23 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 24 Myrtle Beach
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State