Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
- 1 Girls Getaway Suggestions?- Wisconsin Dells
- 2 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 3 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 4 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 5 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 6 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 7 Lake Tahoe
- 8 Baseball Road Trip
- 9 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 10 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 11 Moab and Bluff
- 12 Provo, UT Accomodations Recommendation?
- 13 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 14 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 15 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 16 Seatlle, WA
- 17 Car for Embassy Suites Austin
- 18 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 19 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 20 Summer in Telluride, CO
- 21 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 22 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 25 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions