Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 2 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 3 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 4 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 5 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 6 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 7 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 13 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 15 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 16 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 17 Vero Beach FL
- 18 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 19 Question about Boulder area
- 20 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 23 Savanah Sojourn
- 24 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 25 San Antonio