Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 2 Cape cod and Acadia
- 3 Maine in latter half of September
- 4 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 5 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 6 Grand Marais?
- 7 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 8 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 9 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 10 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 11 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 12 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 13 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 adams morgan - safety
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 20 Morning in miami
- 21 Las Vegas must sees
- 22 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 25 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming