Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 2 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 3 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 California San Diego area lodging
- 6 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 9 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 10 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 11 Utah 2
- 12 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 13 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 14 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 15 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 16 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 17 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 18 Kauai Garden tours
- 19 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 20 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 21 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 24 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 25 Charleston, SC 5 days