Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara, California
- 2 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 3 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 4 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 5 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 9 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 10 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 11 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 14 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 20 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 24 Yosemite Fire
- 25 Lodging - Yosemite