Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Denver in a half day
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle