Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
- 1 Key West at Christmas time
- 2 Small Sofas
- 3 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 4 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 5 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 6 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 7 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 8 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 9 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 10 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 11 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 12 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 13 Trying To Find a Place
- 14 romantic colorado trip
- 15 Fourth of July Weekend
- 16 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 17 Fires in Colorado
- 18 Marcola?
- 19 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 20 Updates from Hanalei
- 21 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 22 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 23 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 24 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 25 One day in NYC