Hi, My wife and I and my brother and 21 year old son are visiting the city in mid May next year for three nights. This is our first visit from England and reading various forums I get the feeling (like any city) there are areas to avoid. Bearing this in mind could you please recommend an area to stay that we can walk to and from in the evening without undue concern. From what I have read, the Fishermans Wharf area is a non starter simply due to being 'too touristy'. We're not millionaires so a sensible alternative would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Safety in San Francisco - advice please?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is the New York subway safe?
- 2 Round trip from Chicago
- 3 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 4 Where to stay for one night between Cleveland and Toledo?
- 5 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 6 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 7 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 8 Where to from Tampa?
- 9 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 14 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 15 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 20 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 21 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 22 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 23 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 24 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 25 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November