We will be making an RV road trip through southern Utah this summer. On Day 1 we would be leaving early morning from Vegas, on Day 9 we intend to arrive in Jackson Hole in the evening to start the last couple of days of our trip in Yellowstone/GTNP (RV will be dropped in Salt Lake City on Day 14). We are still struggling to find the most optimal route between Vegas and Jackson. Would like to get some feedback on what we currently have in mind:
Day 1 : Vegas --> Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Day 2 : Grand Canyon + afternoon drive to Monument Valley
Day 3 : Visit Monument Valley + noon drive to Page
Day 4: stay in Page/Lake Powell (visit the Antelope Canyon)
Day 5: morning drive to Zion
Day 6: late afternoon drive to Bryce
Day 7: stay in Bryce
Day 8: drive to Torrey along Byway 12
Day 9: do the long drive from Torrey to Jackson
Does this sound feasible? Would there be benefit in driving already a couple of hours north from Torrey on Day 8, to limit the distance on Day 9? Any good suggestions on RV places to stay between Torrey and Jackson?
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.
Steven from Belgium
RV trip Vegas to Jackson, WY
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Dining in Manhattan
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 American Honeymoon in March
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 17 St Patrick's renovations
- 18 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 From Seattle airport to the city
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015