We will be making an RV road trip through southern Utah this summer. On Day 1 we would be leaving early morning from Vegas, on Day 9 we intend to arrive in Jackson Hole in the evening to start the last couple of days of our trip in Yellowstone/GTNP (RV will be dropped in Salt Lake City on Day 14). We are still struggling to find the most optimal route between Vegas and Jackson. Would like to get some feedback on what we currently have in mind:
Day 1 : Vegas --> Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Day 2 : Grand Canyon + afternoon drive to Monument Valley
Day 3 : Visit Monument Valley + noon drive to Page
Day 4: stay in Page/Lake Powell (visit the Antelope Canyon)
Day 5: morning drive to Zion
Day 6: late afternoon drive to Bryce
Day 7: stay in Bryce
Day 8: drive to Torrey along Byway 12
Day 9: do the long drive from Torrey to Jackson
Does this sound feasible? Would there be benefit in driving already a couple of hours north from Torrey on Day 8, to limit the distance on Day 9? Any good suggestions on RV places to stay between Torrey and Jackson?
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.
Steven from Belgium
RV trip Vegas to Jackson, WY
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 7 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 Timeshare Nightmares
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 12 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants