We will be making an RV road trip through southern Utah this summer. On Day 1 we would be leaving early morning from Vegas, on Day 9 we intend to arrive in Jackson Hole in the evening to start the last couple of days of our trip in Yellowstone/GTNP (RV will be dropped in Salt Lake City on Day 14). We are still struggling to find the most optimal route between Vegas and Jackson. Would like to get some feedback on what we currently have in mind:
Day 1 : Vegas --> Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Day 2 : Grand Canyon + afternoon drive to Monument Valley
Day 3 : Visit Monument Valley + noon drive to Page
Day 4: stay in Page/Lake Powell (visit the Antelope Canyon)
Day 5: morning drive to Zion
Day 6: late afternoon drive to Bryce
Day 7: stay in Bryce
Day 8: drive to Torrey along Byway 12
Day 9: do the long drive from Torrey to Jackson
Does this sound feasible? Would there be benefit in driving already a couple of hours north from Torrey on Day 8, to limit the distance on Day 9? Any good suggestions on RV places to stay between Torrey and Jackson?
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.
Steven from Belgium
RV trip Vegas to Jackson, WY
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 2 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 3 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 4 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 5 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 6 Shenandoah National Park
- 7 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 8 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 9 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 10 Seattle Visit April
- 11 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 12 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 13 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 14 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 15 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 16 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 17 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 18 Morning in miami
- 19 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 20 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 21 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 22 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 23 One night on the outskirts of Seattle - anywhere neat for the night
- 24 Old Faithful Inn East Vs West Wing differences
- 25 Mission: Florida Gulf Coast-Feb 2016