We will be making an RV road trip through southern Utah this summer. On Day 1 we would be leaving early morning from Vegas, on Day 9 we intend to arrive in Jackson Hole in the evening to start the last couple of days of our trip in Yellowstone/GTNP (RV will be dropped in Salt Lake City on Day 14). We are still struggling to find the most optimal route between Vegas and Jackson. Would like to get some feedback on what we currently have in mind:
Day 1 : Vegas --> Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Day 2 : Grand Canyon + afternoon drive to Monument Valley
Day 3 : Visit Monument Valley + noon drive to Page
Day 4: stay in Page/Lake Powell (visit the Antelope Canyon)
Day 5: morning drive to Zion
Day 6: late afternoon drive to Bryce
Day 7: stay in Bryce
Day 8: drive to Torrey along Byway 12
Day 9: do the long drive from Torrey to Jackson
Does this sound feasible? Would there be benefit in driving already a couple of hours north from Torrey on Day 8, to limit the distance on Day 9? Any good suggestions on RV places to stay between Torrey and Jackson?
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.
Steven from Belgium
RV trip Vegas to Jackson, WY
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work