We will be making an RV road trip through southern Utah this summer. On Day 1 we would be leaving early morning from Vegas, on Day 9 we intend to arrive in Jackson Hole in the evening to start the last couple of days of our trip in Yellowstone/GTNP (RV will be dropped in Salt Lake City on Day 14). We are still struggling to find the most optimal route between Vegas and Jackson. Would like to get some feedback on what we currently have in mind:
Day 1 : Vegas --> Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Day 2 : Grand Canyon + afternoon drive to Monument Valley
Day 3 : Visit Monument Valley + noon drive to Page
Day 4: stay in Page/Lake Powell (visit the Antelope Canyon)
Day 5: morning drive to Zion
Day 6: late afternoon drive to Bryce
Day 7: stay in Bryce
Day 8: drive to Torrey along Byway 12
Day 9: do the long drive from Torrey to Jackson
Does this sound feasible? Would there be benefit in driving already a couple of hours north from Torrey on Day 8, to limit the distance on Day 9? Any good suggestions on RV places to stay between Torrey and Jackson?
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.
Steven from Belgium
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 2 Mendocino Hiking
- 3 Paul Gauguin
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Highway 1 motels
- 6 Running kissimmee Florida
- 7 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 8 Pittsburgh Trip
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 10 Berkshires with a toddler
- 11 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 12 Getting around in NYC
- 13 The New Whitney
- 14 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 15 View of Empire State Building from street
- 16 11 days SE coast road trip
- 17 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 18 Pacific Northwest
- 19 A Week in New York City
- 20 Mackinac or Holland?
- 21 Car Hire Alamo
- 22 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 23 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 24 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 25 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?