We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 2 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 5 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 6 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 7 Quick Trip to NYC
- 8 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 9 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 10 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 11 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 12 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 13 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Road trip itinerary
- 16 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 17 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 18 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 23 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 24 denver to badlands
- 25 10 days in Big Island and Kauai