We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 2 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 5 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 6 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 9 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 10 Las Vegas must sees
- 11 adams morgan - safety
- 12 Morning in miami
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 16 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 17 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 18 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 19 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 20 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 21 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 22 US Southwest
- 23 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 24 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 25 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco