We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 2 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 3 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 4 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 5 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 6 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 7 Driving cross country tips
- 8 Help with first time
- 9 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 10 Atlanta Airport
- 11 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 12 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 13 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 14 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 15 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 16 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 17 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 18 Discounted Rental Car?
- 19 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 20 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 21 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 22 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 23 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 24 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 25 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?