We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 2 NYC Clubs for live music
- 3 Mesa Verde
- 4 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 5 culpepper
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 10 Alaska railroad?
- 11 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 14 Itinerary opinions
- 15 Calgary to Banff
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 18 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 21 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 22 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 23 Our perfect day in Key West
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska