We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 2 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 3 Advice on tipping
- 4 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 5 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 6 NYC with 8 yr old
- 7 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 8 stopping off I 81 South
- 9 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 10 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 11 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 12 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 13 September Road Trip in New England
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 16 Road Trip
- 17 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 18 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 19 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 20 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 21 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 22 Hilton Head restaurants
- 23 Road trip October
- 24 Amish
- 25 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??