We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 2 New Software
- 3 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 4 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 5 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 6 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 7 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 8 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 9 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 10 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 11 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 12 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 13 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 14 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 15 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 16 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 19 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 20 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 21 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 22 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 23 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 24 Boston waterfront Italian
- 25 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip