We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
- 1 Priceline, WARNING
- 2 Less commercial beach?
- 3 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 4 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 5 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 6 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 7 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 8 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 9 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 10 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 11 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 12 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 13 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 14 stay near newark or nyc
- 15 New York City Parking
- 16 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 17 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 18 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 19 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 20 Washington Wineries
- 21 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 22 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 25 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!