We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 los angeles restaurants
- 5 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 8 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 9 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 12 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 13 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 14 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 15 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 16 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 17 NW Houston restaurant help
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 19 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 20 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 21 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 22 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 23 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 24 charleston during Christmas Week
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach