We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 2 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 3 Trip for 2 to Colorado need ideas.
- 4 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 5 Another JFK to Manhattan Question
- 6 New offer from Southwest for California residents
- 7 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 8 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 9 Has anyone tried Car Wiz for rentals?
- 10 Short Notice
- 11 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 12 4 days in San Francisco
- 13 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 14 Novel in Progress
- 15 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 16 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 17 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 18 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 19 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 20 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 21 Another Great DC Trip
- 22 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 23 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 24 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 25 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017