We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seaside, California
- 2 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 3 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 4 Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 7 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 8 What car service?
- 9 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 10 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 11 Denali
- 12 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 13 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 14 Maine in May?
- 15 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 16 New Years Eve in NYC
- 17 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 18 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 19 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 20 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
- 21 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 22 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 23 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!