We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast Road Trip
- 2 West Coast Road Trip
- 3 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 4 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 5 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 6 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 7 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 8 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 9 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 10 Car Needed in Austin?
- 11 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 12 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 13 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 Maui itinerary
- 19 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 20 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Pirateland SC
- 24 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 25 San Diego with Kids