We are two young Australian's traveling to the US for our first trip in July 2011. We have a big trip planned for a month over the east coast of the USA but wanted to try something a little different and get out of the main cities for a bit..
We are planning to hire a standard RV for 10D and do a road trip from Nashville down to Miami. We would appreciate any times on where to park the RV for the night, where to stop for food, what to see along the way and anything else you think may be helpful to us!
Day 1 - Fly from NJ to Nashville
Day 2 - Drive from Nashville to Memphis
Day 3 - Drive from Memphis to New Orleans or Mobile
Day 4 - Drive from New Orleans/Mobile to Orlando
Day 5 - Orlando
Day 6 - Orlando
Day 7 - Orlando
Day 8 - Drive from Orlando to Miami
Day 9 - Miami
Day 10 - Leave Miami and fly back to NYC
This is our first time driving in the USA - on the other side of the road. Scary! We are sure we will be fine though! We know that some of the days may be big days of driving or that we may need to adjust the itinerary if there is lots to see. We just are unsure whats to see in the smaller towns along the way!
Would really appreciate your advice and tips on this trip!
Angie & Lee
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 2 Oregon Coast question
- 3 Hawaii wedding
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 8 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 9 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 10 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 11 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 12 Moving to Montana
- 13 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 14 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 15 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 16 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 17 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 18 Savanah GA
- 19 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 20 Florida with a 2 year old
- 21 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 22 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 23 Colorado itinerary
- 24 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 25 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin