We will be driving from Los Angeles to St. Louis in the beginnning of May, and I am trying to decide which route to take through Colorado. My husband has a torn tendon and can only take very short strolls. Originally, I had planned to drive I-70 through Denver, but Route 50 through Colorado Springs also looks really appealing. Other places we'd like to see are Mesa Verde and Arches (visited Bryce, Zion and Capitol Reef fairly recently), but again, the lack of time and inability to walk may become too much of an issue. Scenic driving seemed like a great alternative to hiking, but there are so many options, it's overwhelming. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
Routes through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 2 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 9 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 12 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 13 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 14 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 18 ONP help
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 21 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 22 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 23 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city