We will be driving from Los Angeles to St. Louis in the beginnning of May, and I am trying to decide which route to take through Colorado. My husband has a torn tendon and can only take very short strolls. Originally, I had planned to drive I-70 through Denver, but Route 50 through Colorado Springs also looks really appealing. Other places we'd like to see are Mesa Verde and Arches (visited Bryce, Zion and Capitol Reef fairly recently), but again, the lack of time and inability to walk may become too much of an issue. Scenic driving seemed like a great alternative to hiking, but there are so many options, it's overwhelming. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
Routes through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 2 New York City-New Things?
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 5 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 6 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 7 las vegas cabana reservations
- 8 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 9 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 10 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 11 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 12 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 13 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 14 Alaska Trip Planning
- 15 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 16 new york subway help please
- 17 Boston to see Sargent works
- 18 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 19 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 20 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 21 Moving out of states from Florida
- 22 Atlanta to LA
- 23 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 24 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 25 Things to do in La Jolla