We will be driving from Los Angeles to St. Louis in the beginnning of May, and I am trying to decide which route to take through Colorado. My husband has a torn tendon and can only take very short strolls. Originally, I had planned to drive I-70 through Denver, but Route 50 through Colorado Springs also looks really appealing. Other places we'd like to see are Mesa Verde and Arches (visited Bryce, Zion and Capitol Reef fairly recently), but again, the lack of time and inability to walk may become too much of an issue. Scenic driving seemed like a great alternative to hiking, but there are so many options, it's overwhelming. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
Routes through Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle